NCAA Tourney Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tourney Thread

UK fans have to be steamed right now. That region has the toughest top 4 seeds, It won't be an easy road for them.

My Cards get a 4 seed and get shipped out West to Portland. Ugh, I'll be going with them. What's cool to do in Portland?

Filled out my bracket in roughly three minutes.

Two upsets in the first round since you guys go by seeding for some reason lol.

Alabama over whatever a Creighton is.

And last season's big boy winner UCONN over Iowa State.

UK fans have to be steamed right now. That region has the toughest top 4 seeds, It won't be an easy road for them.

My Cards get a 4 seed and get shipped out West to Portland. Ugh, I'll be going with them. What's cool to do in Portland?

They got the weakest 2 seed, UK will be fine.

They got the weakest 2 seed, UK will be fine.

That's the UNC fan in you talking. Duke has the front line that can give UK fits and while not the defense they have been in the past, they can pressure Teague enough that he'll cough the ball up. Baylor has the athleticism that the Cats haven't seen since before Christmas. Indiana is there and has beat them before. Can they do it again? I don't know. Don't sleep on UNLV or Wichita State in that region either. UK is far from fine. It could be worse for them, but it's not all unicorn tears and puppy dog kisses either. When it comes down to it I kinda think Kansas is a weaker #2 than Duke is.

That's the UNC fan in you talking. Duke has the front line that can give UK fits and while not the defense they have been in the past, they can pressure Teague enough that he'll cough the ball up. Baylor has the athleticism that the Cats haven't seen since before Christmas. Indiana is there and has beat them before. Can they do it again? I don't know. Don't sleep on UNLV or Wichita State in that region either. UK is far from fine. It could be worse for them, but it's not all unicorn tears and puppy dog kisses either. When it comes down to it I kinda think Kansas is a weaker #2 than Duke is.

duke is a 3 pt shooting team, the Plumless are decent players underutilized in the duke system. duke is by far the weakest 2 seed and unless they are absolutely on fire from 3 will have very little chance to compete w/ UK. The Plumless trying to stop Anthony Davis? seriously?

UK would beat IU by 25 if they played again.

I think UNLV and Wichita State pose the greatest threat.

For those of you thinking about picking Davidson to upset Louisville in your brackets:

Of their 25 wins: 5 of them are against teams with a winning percentage over .500
They have 2 wins over teams in the RPI 100: Kansas on 12/19 and Penn on 12/29

In 2012 they played 3 teams in the RPI top 150: Split with Charlestown (118), lost by 17 to Wichita St (15)
It took them 2 OTs to beat Western Carolina in the conference championship. Western Carolina’s RPI is 225.

They have 3 losses to teams outside of the RPI top 100, U of L has 1 (Providence). They have 1 win over an NCAA tourney team (Kansas). U of L has 10.
They have 4 wins total against the RPI top 150, Louisville has 17.

Per Pomeroy ratings: U of L has the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] best defense against the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] most difficult schedule. Davidson has the 37[SUP]th[/SUP] ranked defense against the 210[SUP]th[/SUP] ranked schedule.
Davidson has the 124[SUP]th[/SUP] ranked defense.

Basically the only team Davidson has seen since the first of the year that is anywhere near U of L's caliber was Wichita State on 2/18/12 and they lost by 17 in that one. Davidson is not Morehead State and I'm not expecting an upset this year. Last year I was nervous, but this year I'm not so much. Their numbers since the first of the year suggest the win at Kansas was a fluke.

Say what you want about the next round (versus New Mexico or LBS) but U of L should win this first one by double digits going away. Anything can happen I guess, but I don't see it in this game.

I'm boarding a charter tonight at 8 bound for Portland so I don't know how much I'll be able to check back with this thread after I leave so I hope all of your teams have good tournaments (unless they're in the West Region:chuckle:)!

GO CARDS!!!!

I am picking Davidson, soemtimes it just doesn't amke sense w/ this Tourney.

For those picking SU(I wasn't) Fab melo is out for the Tourney due to eligibity issues.

By the way, Davidson beat Kansas at kansas, that is a better win than any UL has this year but good luck LouPhin. i'm not rooting against them, I just need to pick some upsets.

Check this out...

1990: UNLV (1)
1991: Duke (1)
1992: Duke (2)
1993: North Carolina (1)
1994: Arkansas (1)
1995: UCLA (1)
1996: Kentucky (1)
1997: Arizona (4)
1998: Kentucky (2)
1999: Connecticut (1)
2000: Michigan State (1)
2001: Duke (1)
2002: Maryland (1)
2003: Syracuse (3)
2004: Connecticut (2)
2005: North Carolina (1)
2006: Florida (3)
2007: Florida (1)
2008: Kansas (1)
2009: North Carolina (1)
2010: Duke (1)
2011: Connecticut (3)

In 22 years, 15 #1 seeds have won the tournament. 13 different winners in 22 years.

So much parity.

Little sister's of the poor have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom