2004: Connecticut (2)
2005: North Carolina (1)
2006: Florida (3)
2007: Florida (1)
2008: Kansas (1)
2009: North Carolina (1)
2010: Duke (1)
2011: Connecticut (3)

In 22 years, 15 #1 seeds have won the tournament. 13 different winners in 22 years.

So much parity.

Little sister's of the poor have a chance.

The little guys do have a chance, they get to play on the court not in the computers like in that joke sport NCAA football. You get teams like Butler, VCU even UNLV in the early 90s. As great of a team as they were they wouldn't have had a chance in CFB.

How much does the Melo injury hurt Sorrycuse?

He's not hurt, he was ruled ineligible.

Jim Boeheim teams are known chokers when they have expectations to be a FF team, in a weird way I think this helps them and I think they have a better shot now than before the announcement. I had them losing in the Sweet 16, I think I will push them to the elite 8 now.

Sorrycuse...I love it..Fab Melo was a huge part of the 2-3 zone. His height and his size in general help immensley with D and rebounding in general. The next guy up is a skinny little boy..Does not have the mass to bang in the tourney....I think Su loses to Kansas St 2nd round.

Chance lol. Big boys win it. So sad that they hand out false hope in college basketball.

again 1990 UNLV which is one of the most dominat teams in history never would have had a chance to win a National Championship in college football.

By the way, Davidson beat Kansas at kansas, that is a better win than any UL has this year but good luck LouPhin. i'm not rooting against them, I just need to pick some upsets.

That's fine and dandy but it was a fluke and the rest of Davidson's season proves that out. And Kansas's defense isn't nearly as good as U of L's. There's certainly upsets to be had, but there are safer bets someplace else. If you want to pick against Louisville, pick against them in the next round.

Check this out...

1990: UNLV (1)
1991: Duke (1)
1992: Duke (2)
1993: North Carolina (1)
1994: Arkansas (1)
1995: UCLA (1)
1996: Kentucky (1)
1997: Arizona (4)
1998: Kentucky (2)
1999: Connecticut (1)
2000: Michigan State (1)
2001: Duke (1)
2002: Maryland (1)
2003: Syracuse (3)
2004: Connecticut (2)
2005: North Carolina (1)
2006: Florida (3)
2007: Florida (1)
2008: Kansas (1)
2009: North Carolina (1)
2010: Duke (1)
2011: Connecticut (3)

In 22 years, 15 #1 seeds have won the tournament. 13 different winners in 22 years.

So much parity.

Little sister's of the poor have a chance.

Dude, seriously, why do you do this? Almost no one else in this thread shares you feelings about the NCAA tourney. Posting stuff like this is more like trolling than posting and you're a better forum member than that.

UK fans have to be steamed right now. That region has the toughest top 4 seeds, It won't be an easy road for them.

My Cards get a 4 seed and get shipped out West to Portland. Ugh, I'll be going with them. What's cool to do in Portland?

Nothing to fret about in our region. If anything, the West is the most wide open in the field. I doubt the Gators will get past Mizzou though. If Yeguete hadn't broken his foot we could have been a pretty major player in this thing, but it's not happening for us this year.

again 1990 UNLV which is one of the most dominat teams in history never would have had a chance to win a National Championship in college football.

You're going allllll the way back to 1990 for that one. And they were a #1 seed because they earned it in the regular season.

Let Boise State earn their shot. But even an undefeated Bronco team doesn't deserve a title shot over a two loss SEC team. Play a real schedule.

Get your MONEY UP!!!!

Try these plays tomorrow.......

Murray St -4.5 (HUGE Lock)
So Miss + 5
Montana + 9.5
BYU + 6
Long Beach St + 4
Virginia Commonwealth + 6.5
UNLV - 5.5
Louisville -7
Baylor - 8

Dude, seriously, why do you do this? Almost no one else in this thread shares you feelings about the NCAA tourney. Posting stuff like this is more like trolling than posting and you're a better forum member than that.

Exactly. Wig.... STFU. And put your money up and GET your money up.

You talk a lot of **** on the tourney. Yea, most of us get it. You arent wrong. The whole cinderella thing is way overplayed. Good teams win it all. We get it.

I however, LOVE the tourney. Its also where I make the majority of my sports gambling money each year(that and betting on the SEC in bowl games :lol: .... well everyone finally caught onto that trend a few years late and the spreads have adjusted accordingly). Anyway, Im posting my picks. Lets see what you can do. You talk a lot of ****. Take all the favorites to cover. Anyone can just pick the favs to win games. Thats simple. Most of the favs will win the games outright. As all of us know however, what counts is who covers. Ask Brent Mustberger.

Exactly. Wig.... STFU. And put your money up and GET your money up.

You talk a lot of **** on the tourney. Yea, most of us get it. You arent wrong. The whole cinderella thing is way overplayed. Good teams win it all. We get it.

I however, LOVE the tourney. Its also where I make the majority of my sports gambling money each year(that and betting on the SEC in bowl games :lol: .... well everyone finally caught onto that trend a few years late and the spreads have adjusted accordingly). Anyway, Im posting my picks. Lets see what you can do. You talk a lot of ****. Take all the favorites to cover. Anyone can just pick the favs to win games. Thats simple. Most of the favs will win the games outright. As all of us know however, what counts is who covers. Ask Brent Mustberger.

That's pretty much what I've done. The only thing that really change for me was Syracuse. Obviously, they're not as good without Melo. I have mostly chalk. a few "upsets" if you want to call a 9 over an 8 an upset...junc would call a 9 over an 8 an upset if it benefited his "argument." You probably would too. So sad.

I have Saint Louis over Memphis. UCONN over Iowa State. West Virginia over Gonzaga. Vanderbilt over Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure that's it.

North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan State and Kentucky Final Four.

North Carolina v. Kentucky in the title game.

Kentucky winning it all.

You're going allllll the way back to 1990 for that one. And they were a #1 seed because they earned it in the regular season.

Let Boise State earn their shot. But even an undefeated Bronco team doesn't deserve a title shot over a two loss SEC team. Play a real schedule.

One of the best teams of the last 30 years wouldn't have had the opportunity to play for a title if it was college football.

and the little guys have a chance in basketball, they can make the Sweet 16, elite 8, Final Four , title game and even win a title. That's IMPOSSIBLE in CFB where we have a year like 2011 where Alabama loses at HOME to LSU, doesn't make their conf title game, plays a weak sched and still goes to the title game. In CFB you don't have to earn it, you play maybe a tough game or 2 a year and if you survive you can play fro a title(provided you are in the SEC, Big 10 or Big 12).

Back
Top Bottom