NCAA Tourney Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tourney Thread

Asheville got robbed. Two blatant missed calls at the end with the goaltending and non-existant lane violation. They had a real shot at that one.

Get your MONEY UP!!!!

Try these plays tomorrow.......

Murray St -4.5 (HUGE Lock)
So Miss + 5
Montana + 9.5
BYU + 6
Long Beach St + 4
Virginia Commonwealth + 6.5
UNLV - 5.5
Louisville -7
Baylor - 8

Anyone besides me who took those picks definately DID NOT get their money up. Their money went way down.

Lets strap it back up and try again. See how these do today.....

San Diego St. + 2.5
Alabama - 1
Georgetown -3
St Louis + 3
Purdue + 2
Xavier + 2

Btw, I caught a major break twice yesterday. By the time gametime rolled around and I actually placed the straight wagers on Louisville and Baylor, the spreads had dipped a half point and both covered by that amount. I needed all the luck I could get yesterday just to stay a float. Was unlucky in the Southern Miss game against K st, but caught a huge break with those other 2.

Youth and inexperience hurt us. Too many errors down the stretch.

We just have to keep getting better... that's all there is to it.

It was a fun ride and I enjoyed every minute of it. RTR.

Once again, preseason ratings dominate the irrelevance of regular season indications. Florida was Top 10 in every preseason power rating while Virginia was somewhere between 50th and 75th. Yet 5 months later they allow me to bet Florida -2 against Virginia.

Sometimes I can't believe they allow the use of preseason ratings to bet bowl games or basketball postseason. Too much of an edge.

But overall the NCAA tournament is not a great investment opportunity, certainly not compared to the NIT, or women's basketball, or February college basketball. I don't know anyone who bets sports all year who gets carried away with this tournament. The lines are very good, with a handful of exceptions when they don't align with preseason realities, and the lack of a home court eliminates one of the great advantages of sports betting, the ability to evaluate whether or not the extra 4 points for home court is justified or can be nullified by the road team.

Besides, every number moves toward Ken Pomeroy's line. It's not 90% of the time, it's 100%. He's easily the sharpest and most respected college basketball analyst these days, even if few outside of betting circles have heard of him. You don't get as many bargains as the ones that existed before KenPom.com became prominent.

Obscene that Drexel didn't make the tournament when Pomeroy had them 34th in his power ratings. My preseason number on Drexel was 40th. The Colonial conference gets a ridiculous lack of respect, which is how you can still get +6.5 on VCU against Wichita State. I watched the Colonial tournament a couple of weeks ago. VCU, Drexel, Old Dominion and George Mason are all tournament caliber teams. Unfortunately, the Colonial was so imbalanced with teams like Towson at the bottom that it allowed power conference snobs to denounce the Colonial based on strength of schedule and keep Drexel out.

Good blowout win by the Gators today in spite of a pretty god-awful shooting performance in that 1st half.

And don't look now, but Norfolk St. is coming dangerously close to torpedoing a lot of people's brackets, mine included.

clear.gif

Can someone put this guy in a corner so he can go bitch and moan to himself about how horrible college basketball is?

Aside from betting and brackets, this is why the average fan watches the tourney. Everyone roots for the underdog, and pretty much everyone wants to see Duke lose. You'll have so many people tuning in just to see who the heck Lehigh and Norfolk State are. How can you not root for Butler, VCU, or George Mason when they make their run?

I have mostly chalk. a few "upsets" if you want to call a 9 over an 8 an upset...junc would call a 9 over an 8 an upset if it benefited his "argument." You probably would too. So sad.

I have Saint Louis over Memphis. UCONN over Iowa State. West Virginia over Gonzaga. Vanderbilt over Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure that's it

:lol:

7 Team Parlay
Win3/16/12 7:15pm College Basketball 823 Lehigh +12 -118* vs Duke
Pending3/16/12 9:45pm College Basketball 825 Xavier +2 -110* vs Notre Dame
Win3/16/12 4:10pm College Basketball 828 North Carolina -16 -110* vs Vermont
Win3/16/12 6:50pm College Basketball 833 Saint Louis +2½ -110* vs Memphis U
Pending3/16/12 9:50pm College Basketball 844 Temple -2½ -110* vs South Florida
Loss3/16/12 7:20pm College Basketball 846 Michigan -5½ -110* vs Ohio
Win3/16/12 7:25pm College Basketball 853 Purdue +2 -110* vs Saint Mary's CA

UGH!! Damn Michigan!

3 Team Parlay
Win3/16/12 6:50pm College Basketball 833 Saint Louis +2½ -110* vs Memphis U
Loss3/16/12 7:20pm College Basketball 846 Michigan -5½ -110* vs Ohio
Win3/16/12 7:25pm College Basketball 853 Purdue +2 -110* vs Saint Mary's CA

And Awsi, Florida was the biggest lock ever. In fact, the first thing I stated when the brackets came out Sunday was Florida is going to destroy Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom