NCAA Tourney Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tourney Thread

only in college football can you lose your last game and still play for a National Title
only in CFB can you have co-National Champs
only in CFB can you CFB can you play 1-3 semi tough games a year and play for a championship
only in CFB can a computer determine who plays for a title

CBB determines a Champion on the court, CFB does not.
i agree. people will use these arguments till their face turns blue, but the only sport playoff out of any sport where the champion is decided via computer is college football.

its not worth arguing, college football blows. its so hard for me to watch a game, because most of the games are extremely lopsided, and even if a team goes undefeated they still can be left out.

only in college football can you lose your last game and still play for a National Title
only in CFB can you have co-National Champs
only in CFB can you CFB can you play 1-3 semi tough games a year and play for a championship
only in CFB can a computer determine who plays for a title

CBB determines a Champion on the court, CFB does not.

Explain how you can settle it on the field in college football, please.

With the BCS you have to be great from start to finish.

College basketball...get in with a losing record and claim your "chance."

Great collection of talent in Chapel Hill....just not a great team. I can't wait to see the last of Barnes.

Still, would be nice to see Marshall come back and the watch the Heels crush Kansas.

It's absolutely amazing. All the talking heads say defense wins championships but then promptly pick Florida over Louisville because they have the better offense. Florida has lost every game of consequence this season except this last one against Marquette. OSU, Syracuse, UK (twice), and Tennessee (twice). Hell, they even lost to Rutgers. I think Louisville marches on in this at about the same victory margin as the MSU game. I'll say 10 to 13 points will be the final margin.

The Cardinals are going to the Final 4 despite playing that second half 5 on 6. Our 5 versus Florida's and referee Carl Hess. That guy is the worst official in the NCAA ranks.

Moving on. I'll be heading to New Orleans later this week.

Go Cards.

Now that I've cooled off, this one's a kick in the nuts. Forget the epic choke job down a stretch in a game they had no excuse for losing, but that's the second year in a row this happened. Went ice cold in that second half. This game reminded me why I won't miss walker.

That said it was a good run, and I doubt this team could have gotten past Kentucky anyway as much as I hate to say that since it's Kentucky. If everyone comes back though this could be the team to beat in the SEC next year.

Thank you, Louisville.

Nothing left in the tournament but a 4 seed and higher. The way it should be. Now this tournament is getting good. Good stuff.

Let's go Orange.

At this point all I want is for Kentucky and Ohio State not to win it. Let's go Orange and Baylor and then probably Louisville next weekend.

Here's an erie stat:

In Louisville's 2005 Final 4 run they were a 4 seed and beat a 13 seed, 5 seed, 1 seed, and a hot shooting 7 seed to get there out of the West Region.

This year they were a 4 seed and beat a 13, 5, 1, and a hot shooting 7 seed to get to the Final 4 out of the West Region.

Now that I've cooled off, this one's a kick in the nuts. Forget the epic choke job down a stretch in a game they had no excuse for losing, but that's the second year in a row this happened. Went ice cold in that second half. This game reminded me why I won't miss walker.

That said it was a good run, and I doubt this team could have gotten past Kentucky anyway as much as I hate to say that since it's Kentucky. If everyone comes back though this could be the team to beat in the SEC next year.

You guys have a heck of a team and Donovan is a hell of a coach. Luckily Pitino's adjustment on running Behanan out on the screens in the man to man instead of Dieng made all the difference in the last 10 minutes of the game. It was pure genius.

is it me, or did Kentucky get every ****ing foul call possible? damn i really hate them.

no doubt they are extremely talented and prob would have won anyway, but gee, they were getting free throws at will

Great game between a 1 & 2. Too bad North Carolina went full-retard late in the game.

Louisville
Kansas
Kentucky
Ohio State

Big boys do battle.

FML.

I got so unlucky a couple of times in this tourney and only won a couple of grand this year. Believe it or not, thats a decent amount below the typical damage I do every year in this thing. A couple of critical losses here and there that cost me 5 and 7 team parlays. Near hits.

I did manage to go 4 for 4 in picking ats in the elite 8 round. Unfortunately I couldnt get an over/under correct to save my life and it cost me major parlayage. Just the under in the Loserville game wouldve been nice. Every game went OVER btw in that last round.

A solid round of 32 where i hit 6 of 8 ats both days and a nice sweet 16 round as well. Fridays games in that round worked out much better for me as I kinda took it on the chin in the Thursday games. Hit 2 of 4, but because of that lost every parlay I tried and I actually took some big swings that day. Had I just broken through on a couple of those close ones in the previous rounds, my bets couldve been so much larger in these last few days. Oh well. I will come back with avengence next year. I suppose winning a couple grand beats the hell out of losing.

And Lou, youre right.... that ref was KILLING me in that game yesterday. Unreal. That BS 4th foul he called on Siva had me more pissed than Pitino. If you watched the OSU/Cuse game, the officiating got worse when you thought it wasnt possible. They called every nickle/dime foul possible in that game. Ridiculous.

And Junc....... Final 4 features 3 teams from the midwestern area where Lou and I are trying to tell you the best basketball is played and more great players come from than any other region. How many teams from that Tocrappo Road area are left?

Back
Top Bottom