ND QB competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ND QB competition

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Weis held a press conference today to cut the competition from 4 to 2 but instead cut it to 3. Zach Frazer was the odd man out so you have to think with Dayne Crist coming he'll look to transfer even though his dad said earlier in the week that wasnt going to happen.

"After concluding spring ball evaluations, Evan Sharpley, Demetrius Jones and Jimmy Clausen remain as the main contenders. Each of these three young men brought something unique to the QB competition. Evan ran the operation the best, Jimmy threw the ball the best, and Demetrius made the most plays. For these reasons, they will compete for playing time.

Also Gary Gray one of NDs top CB recruits from this last year had shoulder surgey and is probably going to miss the season. I think he broke his arm earlier in the year too, so hopefully this isnt a sign of things to come with him.

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/053007aac.html

And a good article about who this guy predicts will get the job and what ND's season might look like.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10201940/1

Frazer was quite a touted prospect coming out of HS, no? It will be interesting to see if he can go somewhere else and do something.

I agree with the article that this is a rebuilding year for ND, but I think they can be better than 8-4 or 7-5 as he says. I think that Weis has already done a lot in the past 2 seasons to prevent a major collapse happening when the team is without Quinn, McKnight, Shark, Darius Walker, Ryan Somebody..the O. line...the D line...actually, when I think about it, ND lost quite a lot, but has a lot of talented up-and-comers in the ranks

I must say, after the whole recruiting escapades (sp?) Clausen better deliver 6 National Championships.

Good luck tho, on finding a QB, we seem to be in the same boat almost this off season

There's been some talk of Demetrius Jones leaving as well... Claussen will start just because he's the golden boy. I can't wait until he comes to Beaver Stadium this year and Dan Connor tattoo's him... We Are!

Back
Top Bottom