number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;jbPyw4oUZpM]https://youtu.be/jbPyw4oUZpM[/video]

Looking for big things out of our d line this season :up:

Wish I was as confident in the d backs and LB's

Looking for big things out of our d line this season :up:

No doubt, even though we were all thinking the same last year, there's good reason to expect better this year, even outside coaching.

Wake and Suh now have year together under their belt, Phillips should be improved and hopefully starting, and Williams could be an upgrade with his pass rush at least.

3 guys that have commanded double teams on the same line, plus the wild card Phillips. And a dcoordinator ready to turn them loose....bring on the regular season.

I am not as optimistic about the D-line. I know I keep repeating this but I think we are set at all spot EXCEPT #2 DT. Chris Jones has flashed already in training camp according to reports. He's the only hope for an upgrade IMO. I'm not expecting much out of the other guys. Jordan SHOULD improve but that remains to be seen. I read every day hoping to hear the news that someone has supplanted Earl for the starting spot. I'm still waiting.

If Jordan Phillips and Earl Mitchell were just woefully underutilized because of the scheme last year, then the defense should improve tremendously. But I'm not convinced that either of them are particularly good players. So I think the defensive interior will need to develop a new stud (maybe Chris Jones) if it wants to not get plowed over by Buffalo and the Jets running games four times this year. Phillips improvement may be the key, but he doesn't exactly have the reputation as an effort guy.

Back
Top Bottom