Need a DT and a LB.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need a DT and a LB..

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
With our drafting of Poole, we need a DT and a LB, since it doesnt appear that we'll be drafting a WR. So who's the best availible at these positions?

Lavalais would be a good pickup this late, but we have 2 young guys at DT for depth, LB is more of a depth problem than DT. I don't know who's left worth taking at LB, but I'm thinking we might move up in the 5th if we see the opportunity to do so and take that third WR in P.K. Sam.

There are a few small school prospects that are worth watching:

Uyi Osunde, OLB UCONN. 6'3", 252 with 4.55 speed and 32 reps at 225 and a 38 inch vertical. Apparantly very smart as well. Only negative is that hes coming off an injury.

At DE, Issac Hilton is a sleeper from DIV I-AA Hampton. Hes 6'3" 270 pounds with a 4.57 40. Had an astoundiong FIFTY tackels for loss and 18 sacks the last two years.

I really don't care about DT and LB at this point. Give me more BPA, and I'll be happy.

I do certainly hope that the team finds a way to address DT before it becomes a glaring weakness for us, though. Not getting Wilfork when he was BPA still stings, and I don't want it to be one of those things that stings for a decade...

DT Tommy Kelly from Miss St is still on the board. He may not fir our traditional runn stuffing Tackles, but could be an ice change of pace pass rushing DT for thrid downs. Could also see time at DE.

Jimmy James said:
I really don't care about DT and LB at this point. Give me more BPA, and I'll be happy.

I do certainly hope that the team finds a way to address DT before it becomes a glaring weakness for us, though. Not getting Wilfork when he was BPA still stings, and I don't want it to be one of those things that stings for a decade...

Ya, I dont mean to play Monday Morning QB here, but we couldve picked Wilfork, and then traded up to get another T or G. Im surprised Carlos Joseph is still availible, considering is a Cane and all..

I just want to clarify that I'm not trying to start up the whole VC issue here. I think even those happy with the pick have to admit Wilfork stings.

man thats a great pick of carey, do you guys think he will keep no.60 at T ?

It works out this way: the player who want that number that is taken pays the player who has that number a lot of money. It depends though on the player that has the number, like if hes willing to give it up. If the player who wants that number doesnt get it, then he selects any availible number for his position.

Back
Top Bottom