[need Advice] Considering Flying In For A Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[need Advice] Considering Flying In For A Game

Im getting married in November so I think my buddies are taking me to my first game In Mia vs Washington this year! This thread has helped a bunch thanks

I much prefer the Hollywood Beach strand to Los Olas/Ft Lauderdale. Decent to good restaurants, priced like neighborhood ones instead of beach premium, an eclectic diverse group of people on the strand and some good hotels nearby.

You can always uber down to SoBe one night for the experience

^^^^ This...

Sorry, but that’s not true at all.

I have done it for so many different events not just Phins games. Concerts, basketball, baseball, NFL, doesn’t matter.

I’ve even done the same thing for NFL playoff games. I did it for the Phins @ Pats game last year when we were 3-0 and then got destroyed.

It always works. Don’t believe, give it try when the season starts. Pick any team, any game, and check prices one week before then one hour before kickoff.
We are not talking about availability. We are talking price. And 3-0 means nothing in south florida. Too many burned bridges.

We are not talking about availability. We are talking price. And 3-0 means nothing in south florida. Too many burned bridges.

Sorry, but wrong again.

I’m talking price. Any NFL team, any Sunday, any matchup. No just Phins. Like I said, check the price one week before and then game day one hour before.

Right about where Hallendale and Hollywood Beaches meet, this is very nice, but not cheap
https://www.diplomatresort.com/rooms-suites

Lauderdale By The Sea is still kind of quaint and there are some decent 2nd tier relatively inexpensive hotels nearby

Deerfield Beach is further north, but perhaps my favorite beach of them all

I much prefer the Hollywood Beach strand to Los Olas/Ft Lauderdale. Decent to good restaurants, priced like neighborhood ones instead of beach premium, an eclectic diverse group of people on the strand and some good hotels nearby.

You can always uber down to SoBe one night for the experience

Would have to agree with this recommendation. Las Olas and A1A Fort Lauderdale are better time in my experience.

But whatever you do get your butt up early on Sunday and stop by our tailgate. :lol:

New rule this year: any FH member from out of town who announces they will be at a home game and does not show up at the tailgate will be banned. :nah::nah::lol::lol:

We will have to make sure we come by then :lol:

How are the consessions at Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Dolphin/Hard Rock stadium? Are they reasonable? Or will a soda set me back $20 like at Jerry World?

Just trying to get an idea of the budget.

How are the consessions at Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Dolphin/Hard Rock stadium? Are they reasonable? Or will a soda set me back $20 like at Jerry World?

Just trying to get an idea of the budget.

Extremely expensive though Soda you might get away with 4 or 5 bucks. I know a bottle of water is $5.

Sorry, but wrong again.

I’m talking price. Any NFL team, any Sunday, any matchup. No just Phins. Like I said, check the price one week before and then game day one hour before.
Right. NE, Packers, Bears, Broncos, Seattle, Chiefs....just to name a few where I highly doubt that you get cheap tickets. But I care so little about that I won't check on that either.

My problem is that you give a shitty advice to people who travel several thousand miles and tell them to gamble one hour before the game. It is a 50/50 proposition at best. If that is a local and he/she makes that decision in the morning of the game that is one thing. If it works out - fine. If it doesn't they can go back home and watch the game.
I would never suggest to anybody who travels to South Florida "oh yeah, gamble one hour before. If you get lucky you get a cheap seat in the rafters (though our rafters are not that bad) and if you don't - sorry, you just spent a couple thousand dollars for nothing. Have a good flight home."

Yeah, ticket prices at Hard Rock are the least of my concerns. Not worth risking it.

Extremely expensive though Soda you might get away with 4 or 5 bucks. I know a bottle of water is $5.
That's nothing. I consider $5 at a stadium to be reasonable.

I took my 2 boys to Monster Jam at Cowboy stadium. 3 drinks and 2 nachos cost me almost $100.

That's nothing. I consider $5 at a stadium to be reasonable.

I took my 2 boys to Monster Jam at Cowboy stadium. 3 drinks and 2 nachos cost me almost $100.
I’ve heard Jerry World is an amazing venue, but everything is incredibly over-priced.... still, it’s amazing it almost cost you a ****ing c-note for nachos and drinks, I didn’t think **** was THAT over-priced lol.

smart guy, i'm trying to see a Dolphins game at every away stadium and going to Indianapolis this year. found out the state of Indiana doesn't serve alcohol on Sundays...

200w.gif

guess i'm bringing it from NC with me.

I’ve heard Jerry World is an amazing venue, but everything is incredibly over-priced.... still, it’s amazing it almost cost you a ****ing c-note for nachos and drinks, I didn’t think **** was THAT over-priced lol.

That stadium is beautiful, but it's not good for watching games. If you want the cheap seats in the upper level, you can't see half the field because of the monstrosity video board that goes almost the entire length of the field. You end up watching the game on the screen. I can do that at home! Tickets anywhere else are like a down payment for a car.

Back
Top Bottom