[need Advice] Considering Flying In For A Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[need Advice] Considering Flying In For A Game

Yeah, ticket prices at Hard Rock are the least of my concerns. Not worth risking it.

You would be able to find a ticket day of but i wouldn't bother waiting to possibly save $20. If you buy now you can even get $60-$70 tickets. In the upper bowl if you're within the first 12 rows it's still a great view of the game. I've sat 19 rows from the field on the home side for $120. No need to wait, get your tickets now and get it off your mind.

Obviously things are expensive inside but no different than disney. Just go by the tailgate and throw a few bucks at them and chow down before you go in. Phins4ever can tell you all you need to know and is a very gracious host. It'll be worth your time to meet some fellow FH brothers.... plus the tailgate area is exciting and fun.

So I live in Dallas and was excited to see the Dolphins coming to town so I can FINALLY see my first Dolphins game, that is until I realized just how ridiculous ticket prices are at Cowboys Stadium. https://finheaven.com/threads/rant-f-jerry-jones.355497/

Since it would be cheaper to fly to Miami, get a hotel, and go to the game than to see a game here, the wife and I are thinking about flying down for the Bills game in November. This would also be our anniversary weekend, so we are thinking about getting a place on Miami Beach, spend Saturday on the beach, and go to the game on Sunday.

It's been 20 years since I've lived in S. Florida, and I've never been to the stadium. So, I have some questions to my fellow FinFan brothers out there:

1) Transportation - does anyone know if there are shuttle services to/from the airport and Miami Beach, or to/from Miami Beach and the stadium? Or should we just Uber?

2) Should we be looking somewhere other than Miami Beach? My wife has never been to Miami or the Atlantic coast, so I want her to have a great experience (at a reasonable price).

3) Shouldn't the temperatures still be in the 70s at that time? We won't be getting in the water at the beach, but we don't want to be sitting on the beach freezing either.

4) How quickly do you think that game will sell out? We might have to book the flights/hotels now, and get the game tickets a little later to not completely kill our savings.

5) Anything I'm forgetting that I need to consider? Any suggestions on how to make the most of this trip?

Thanks guys. I know we get these threads every year, but every situation is different, so I would appreciate some feedback.
you can get a place through airbnb and i have and always stay in Laudererdale by the sea, clean friendly safe and 30 mins or so away from the stadium. i'm planning on going in November as well to watch the Yets game. rent a car or uber it. tickets should be very easy to get on line or on site... unless they surprise everyone and we're 7-0 or 6-1 but that wishful thinking... not very realistic, but you never know...

Every time I've gone down there for a game or to visit family, I stay in Boca Raton. Affordable, clean, and semi-snooty...only about a half-hour drive to the stadium if you're renting a car. As mentioned above, Deerfield Beach is beautiful as well.

Regarding tickets, I drove south for Christmas last year, and got tickets to the Jags game for $30-35 (I can't remember exactly) each. I literally purchased them on the trip down. I'm driving down for Thanksgiving this year; we'll catch the Eagles game.

Right. NE, Packers, Bears, Broncos, Seattle, Chiefs....just to name a few where I highly doubt that you get cheap tickets. But I care so little about that I won't check on that either.

My problem is that you give a ****ty advice to people who travel several thousand miles and tell them to gamble one hour before the game. It is a 50/50 proposition at best. If that is a local and he/she makes that decision in the morning of the game that is one thing. If it works out - fine. If it doesn't they can go back home and watch the game.
I would never suggest to anybody who travels to South Florida "oh yeah, gamble one hour before. If you get lucky you get a cheap seat in the rafters (though our rafters are not that bad) and if you don't - sorry, you just spent a couple thousand dollars for nothing. Have a good flight home."

If you
Right. NE, Packers, Bears, Broncos, Seattle, Chiefs....just to name a few where I highly doubt that you get cheap tickets. But I care so little about that I won't check on that either.

My problem is that you give a ****ty advice to people who travel several thousand miles and tell them to gamble one hour before the game. It is a 50/50 proposition at best. If that is a local and he/she makes that decision in the morning of the game that is one thing. If it works out - fine. If it doesn't they can go back home and watch the game.
I would never suggest to anybody who travels to South Florida "oh yeah, gamble one hour before. If you get lucky you get a cheap seat in the rafters (though our rafters are not that bad) and if you don't - sorry, you just spent a couple thousand dollars for nothing. Have a good flight home."

I don’t care how much you try to be negative about it, it’s not bad advice. I’ve done it a lot and it works.

I never said it’s cheap, I just said that if you wait until one hour before you get a much better price. It’s an NFL game, your not getting it for $50.

It like I said, do some sampling beforehand with other games to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

He has to buy tickets to whatever game he is going to, might as well try to get the best price.

Last edited:
If you

I don’t care how much you try to be negative about it, it’s not bad advice. I’ve done it a lot and it works.

I never said it’s cheap, I just said that if you wait until one hour before you get a much better price. It’s an NFL game, your not getting it for $50.

It like I said, do some sampling beforehand with other games to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

He has to buy tickets to whatever game he is going to, might as well try to get the best price.
I'm sure it does work. Personally speaking, I would prefer to pay a little extra for peace of mind and being able to select seats that I want. Especially if you have a group of say 4 or more. It might be difficult, sometimes, to find seats together for everyone at the last moment.

I have the same inquiry as the OP.

I'm flying down to Ft. Lauderdale for the Skins game week 6. (arriving Saturday afternoon departing Monday morning).

Still trying to get hotel situation taken care of.

Is there a shuttle that will transport me to "The Rock" or am I better off renting a car during my entire visit?

Any info is appreciated.

I have the same inquiry as the OP.

I'm flying down to Ft. Lauderdale for the Skins game week 6. (arriving Saturday afternoon departing Monday morning).

Still trying to get hotel situation taken care of.

Is there a shuttle that will transport me to "The Rock" or am I better off renting a car during my entire visit?

Any info is appreciated.

I've never stayed bc up until last year i lived there so i can't say whether there's shuttles but i have to believe hotels don't shuttle to the stadium. I could be completely off base though.
If you stay near the interstate you can ride the train (tri-rail). It doesn't stop at the stadium but at the stop closest to the stadium they have charter buses that take you right to the stadium. Paid $5 from Boynton beach. Simply can't beat it...... If they still do it.

I've never stayed bc up until last year i lived there so i can't say whether there's shuttles but i have to believe hotels don't shuttle to the stadium. I could be completely off base though.
If you stay near the interstate you can ride the train (tri-rail). It doesn't stop at the stadium but at the stop closest to the stadium they have charter buses that take you right to the stadium. Paid $5 from Boynton beach. Simply can't beat it...... If they still do it.

Greatly appreciated thank you sir.

How are the consessions at Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/Dolphin/Hard Rock stadium? Are they reasonable? Or will a soda set me back $20 like at Jerry World?

Just trying to get an idea of the budget.

Get a hotel with a continental breakfast and pig out there for free. Wait until after the game to eat. I like to go to Miami Subs after the game (assuming you can wait that long).

Not sure what your budget is but I’d recommend las olas blvd in Fort Lauderdale . Riverside hotel is in the center if it and you can prolly get a room for around $150 a night a lot of weekends. It’s surrounded by shops, restaurants and bars and there are prolly a dozen places having Sunday brunch with all you can drink specials within a couple of blocks from you.

It’s about a mile and a half from the beach

Every time I've gone down there for a game or to visit family, I stay in Boca Raton. Affordable, clean, and semi-snooty...only about a half-hour drive to the stadium if you're renting a car. As mentioned above, Deerfield Beach is beautiful as well.

Regarding tickets, I drove south for Christmas last year, and got tickets to the Jags game for $30-35 (I can't remember exactly) each. I literally purchased them on the trip down. I'm driving down for Thanksgiving this year; we'll catch the Eagles game.
That’s where I stay when I come down, my aunt and uncle are in Boca.

where in Boca do you stay when you are here?

Back
Top Bottom