Need some help regarding training camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need some help regarding training camp

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know its early but I am trying to plan a mini vacation with my family to South Florida. I want to attend training camp and I know there are certain dates they are open to the public. I didnt see anything on the website so I will have to call the office for that information.

Anway, can anyone give me some information or tips on where to stay, what to bring, what there is to do when they are not practicing, etc.

Thanks

Training camp is open to the public on most days. It's very fun, especially on the first days when there's tons of fans. You might also get lucky and get to see a scrimmage like last year.

My recommendations are to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a cap, and plenty of water as it is smoltering hot.

Also, get the number of the weather hotline for training camp, as one day when I rode the bus for an hour just to get there on a cloudy but not rainy day, practice got sent to the bubble, and I had to spend another hour on the bus back home

I recommend staying around Las Olas Beach in Fort Lauderdale. Its around 20 minutes from training camp. Aside from the beach, there's not much to do in Miami. If you have kids, I recommend Wannadoo City at Sawgrass Mall not far from Training Camp. There, its a theme park where kids can do different jobs. Sounds stupid, but kids up to like 11 or 12 have a blast.

HAVE FUN!

Thanks for the info 94. Its a first for me and I will be bringing my wife and a 12 and 13 year old.

I'm hearing the first 2 weeks or so is open to the public and after that it is closed. Any truth to that?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info 94. Its a first for me and I will be bringing my wife and a 12 and 13 year old.

I'm hearing the first 2 weeks or so is open to the public and after that it is closed. Any truth to that?

Thanks again!

I think its the first 3 weeks. I've only gone once, so don't worry, it will be VERY fun, especially with it being your first time. Maybe won't be as fun for the wife, but what can you do?

As for what to do with the 12 and 13 year olds, I'm not that far away from that age, but aside from the beach, you guys can go to a Marling game if you like baseball, you can visit the Everglades and do an airboat ride, you can go paintballing around Sawgrass Mills Mall. I don't know. There's not that much to do outside from the beach that you can't do somewhere else.

also theres like a bleacher section that only holds a certain amount of people so once they get to the limit they dont let anyone else in that area. Although when people left they did allow more people to go back in.

I went on the 2nd day it was open to the public last year and it was crowded as hell. If you dont get there early enough and get in the bleacher section you have to stand and watch from behind a chain link fence or from the parking garage (where you see 1/2-3/4 of the field). Both are really not that good of a view so i recommend trying to get into the bleacher section. It was nice seeing them close up and when the practice was done they lowered the fence down and players signed autographs. I got Pennington, Vontae, Sean Smith, Ricky, Pat White, and a few others. It was cool, im going again this year too just not sure when yet.

Back
Top Bottom