Need to keep Starks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to keep Starks

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know it's been rumored Starks will be a Cap casualty but this would be a huge mistake. Suh is indeed a force but he also was playing besides another very good DT in Fairley. This tandem is what made Detroit #1 in the league against the run and helped pave the way to having one of the best defenses in the league. Losing Starks would mean we would lose this great DT tandem we could potentially have. I'm hoping we don't lose Starks. The man is a beast and playing besides Suh/Wake/Vernon would be sick.

I know it's been rumored Starks will be a Cap casualty but this would be a huge mistake. Suh is indeed a force but he also was playing besides another very good DT in Fairley. This tandem is what made Detroit #1 in the league against the run and helped pave the way to having one of the best defenses in the league. Losing Starks would mean we would lose this great DT tandem we could potentially have. I'm hoping we don't lose Starks. The man is a beast and playing besides Suh/Wake/Vernon would be sick.

Mitchell is a pretty darn solid guy to have next to him. He's the same guy that was next to JJ Watt in Houston.

You have 2 solid young guys in Francis and Johnson, and this is a pretty deep DT draft. We have issues in the secondary . . . . they need to be addressed. Can't have it all.

Mitchell is fine. I want Starks' money.

Though, I would ask Starks for a pay cut and be able to make it up with incentives. He would eat too next to Suh.

I think Starks is going to be kept. He might even restructure. He's only got 1 year left, so it's not like he's some cap burden.

If Starks does not take a pay cut, I would cut him outright.

I think Starks is going to be kept. He might even restructure. He's only got 1 year left, so it's not like he's some cap burden.

He's not a cap burden, and that is why he is expendable in 2015. Miami needs a free safety and a CB . . . pretty much immediately. Plus they need to draft some depth at both positions. They need at least 4 new bodies in the secondary and they are going to have to spend some coin to get anybody decent in free agency. That $5 million saved on Starks would go towards that.

I'd like to have him back, I just don't think Miami can afford to dedicate that much to DT with the holes at FS, CB and MLB.

Starks is on the decline and we could use that money for a cb. Draft a new DT to help out

Mitchell is fine. I want Starks' money.

Though, I would ask Starks for a pay cut and be able to make it up with incentives. He would eat too next to Suh.

Something like that could be a possibility. I would not be in such a rush to cut Starks let's see how things play out the next week or so.

You guys aren't thinking outside the box. Re-sign Odrick and cut Starks. You could try and get Odrick for around 6m or keep Starks for the same money while cutting him nets you 5m.

Starks had his worst season since he's been with us. Time to move on.

Ozzy rules!!

Randy suffered from Soliai's loss, with another Stud DT he would see less 2x teams.
he should look at redoing his deal - somewhere around $3mill plus if he hits a incentives.
He should be able to retire a Fin.

Back
Top Bottom