Needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Needs

Feeley71

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After Running Back and O-Line what do you think our biggest need is?

I notice your username. I notice your signature. But I have no fear in telling you right to your face that our next biggest need is QUARTERBACK! :goof:

Defensive Tackle

That's the hidden priority that is continually undervalued ever since Gardener left and Timbo got nicked. We're never going to become a dominant defense with two logs in the middle, triumphs of stationary momentum.

The first thing the QB sees smack in front of him are snortling DTs. Pressure and disruption up the middle is lethal. It cleanses the entire defense, shortens the play and therefore shortens the field.

stoody24 said:

WHY? we got the recievers we need, Chambers just needs a consistent QB (hopefully AJ) Derrius is a good Slot and Booker will be better next season, Miami's biggest concerns are o-line and RB

Awsi Dooger said:
That's the hidden priority that is continually undervalued ever since Gardener left and Timbo got nicked. We're never going to become a dominant defense with two logs in the middle, triumphs of stationary momentum.

The first thing the QB sees smack in front of him are snortling DTs. Pressure and disruption up the middle is lethal. It cleanses the entire defense, shortens the play and therefore shortens the field.

Kevin Carter should help, but yeah, DT is a weak point now.

after RB and OL? Hrmmm...Another Safety would be nice.

Our DT's are ageing so I guess we could upgrade there but we need a franchise QB

I was hoping Carter would be a fulltime DT

ih8brady said:
Kevin Carter should help, but yeah, DT is a weak point now.

Apparently the coaching staff gave him the option and he decided on DE other than passing downs when he'll move inside

After RB and OL... it's certainly D-Tackle. Improve the O-Line and Running back position and Feeley succeeds with getting the ball to some above average Wide outs and tight ends. Without the run stopping of the D-Line primarily the tackles, the Linebackers and Safety's have NO chance to be a success. I know for the most part i'm stating the obvious, but he asked!

WR, DT, and Safety are about equal in the need category. A DE/OLB would be a bonus...but, not yet high in the need category.

I don't see us looking at the QB position because it would not give Feeley a chance to succeed. Feeley succeeding would be a huge plus for the positive direction of this team in relation to the salary cap and player development. It's in Saban's best interest to give Feeley every oportunity to be productive with additional playmakers and implement an offensive design that is QB friendly.

painnotpleasure said:
I notice your username. I notice your signature. But I have no fear in telling you right to your face that our next biggest need is QUARTERBACK! :goof:

well im telling you that we have 3 qbs that is done signed and if we cut either one of them we will still have to pay them the money and if saban was going to go qb then i would think he would not have signed gus and sage and feeley is still under contract so it would be stupid to sign a qb in the first round i think that it will be a rb or wr or else we trade down but imo it will be wr (edwards) that is if ricky is coming back put it this way st.nick done knows wheather ricky is coming back or not but he will not say till after the draft it would be crazy to draft a qb in the first after we have done signed gus (which knows the system ) and sage we would loose out big time on draft money so imo it will be rb wr or trade down im not saying that we wont pick up a qb in the 3rd or 4th round but not in the first or 2nd (for pat)

After rb and OL(a whole lot of Ol!), I would have to go with, Qb,DT,S,MLB, and OLB. The problem with our D is that its getting old and I beleive the players that we have as backups are only "ok" and nothing great. Im tired of just ok..lol..Hence OLB as need. I dont think all are needs can be met this year, but rather a two-three year deal.

Back
Top Bottom