Never forget. Round 1 pick 5 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Never forget. Round 1 pick 5

I’ve been a fan since the beginning of the franchise and in 55 years I’ve bought FOUR jerseys. Larry Csonka, Dan Marino, Zach Thomas and Tua. That should tell you something right there.
Haha I swore off jerseys about 5 years ago. I have a graveyard that will rival most of you all's lol. I'm debating getting one tho. I did make a promise I wouldn't spent money on merch until they went back to throwbacks full time which hopefully is close!

Regarding Tua's play tho it's absolutely INSANE to me the criticism he's gotten. The 3 most important qualities (minus leadership & work ethic which he has in SPADES) are accuracy, anticipation, and reading the defense. Tua was very good to elite in most if not all those categories as a rookie! So many ELITE level throws, as a rookie, that were dropped and not remember due to sub par recieving options. I'll also say that Tua has some of the most impressive peripheral vision I've ever seen in any player.

Seriously there is something wrong with anyone who doesn’t like this kid. Go Tua!
i dont have problem w Tua or Watson as person.. i just want top qb who can play and make dolphins better also have chance win SB.. Either you can play position or u cant..

i dont have problem w Tua or Watson as person.. i just want top qb who can play and make dolphins better also have chance win SB.. Either you can play position or u cant..
And most level headed people are saying the same thing. He deserves the opportunity with a better cast than he has had. He will tell us if he can play. I'm betting he'll show it.

And most level headed people are saying the same thing. He deserves the opportunity with a better cast than he has had. He will tell us if he can play. I'm betting he'll show it.
they will give Tua as much chance to proved he is man in miami next 2 yr.. (it up too Tua) to get that second contract...

I've spent the last 2 weeks watching Tua's college footage, the good and the bad, there is no denying he was surrounded by elite talent.

I honestly don't know if he'll be a great NFL quarterback but we have to give it one more year at least. I'm rooting for him that's for sure.
Yes being an Alabama QB has meant you are surrounded by great talent and this has been going on for a while now as Alabama is always on top of getting 5-star recruits. However, my understanding is Tua had certain capabilities that set him apart from QBs of the past at Alabama and watching some of his better games as a Dolphin show me that he can become a good QB (not going to say elite yet) and help this team achieve success. I was not high on him before the draft as I don't like to get players that have had significant health/injury issues but once he was recruited and again seeing him play I am a bit more comfortable with having him as our QB and building around him.

Yes being an Alabama QB has meant you are surrounded by great talent and this has been going on for a while now as Alabama is always on top of getting 5-star recruits. However, my understanding is Tua had certain capabilities that set him apart from QBs of the past at Alabama and watching some of his better games as a Dolphin show me that he can become a good QB (not going to say elite yet) and help this team achieve success. I was not high on him before the draft as I don't like to get players that have had significant health/injury issues but once he was recruited and again seeing him play I am a bit more comfortable with having him as our QB and building around him.
we will find out in couple of yr. one thing about bama and pros. wr will not be that open in pros so Tua need work on his tight window passing, deep ball and reading defense better. that what i want Tua work on in 2021. this is what going make Tua or break Tua.. bottom line Tua cant be scare throw ball down field....

Haha I swore off jerseys about 5 years ago. I have a graveyard that will rival most of you all's lol. I'm debating getting one tho. I did make a promise I wouldn't spent money on merch until they went back to throwbacks full time which hopefully is close!

Regarding Tua's play tho it's absolutely INSANE to me the criticism he's gotten. The 3 most important qualities (minus leadership & work ethic which he has in SPADES) are accuracy, anticipation, and reading the defense. Tua was very good to elite in most if not all those categories as a rookie! So many ELITE level throws, as a rookie, that were dropped and not remember due to sub par recieving options. I'll also say that Tua has some of the most impressive peripheral vision I've ever seen in any player.
Mine is a Tua throwback. Lol. Old school ya know

Another way to look at it is that Alabama has the pick of any HS talent in the country and they offered Tua...That says something about what they thought of him also.

First time in a long time I was excited about their first round pick. I was on the tank for tua train all year and we hit him. Thank the lord for the hip injury

Back
Top Bottom