Never knew ill say this. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Never knew ill say this.

A third rounder would be tempting I have to say, but he's playing pretty well this year and as you say a low round draft pick doesn't really seem worthy of a trade.

The caveat here though is that the 2 year cheap contract is on means if we want him as part of our future then we are going to have to pay him next year, if we don't think we can get that done for a reasonable amount then you might as cash in for another draft pick now.

One of the strongest WR classes in recent memory...and we pass on it because we need areas that don't help our potential franchise QB?

wouldnt surprise me. Especially if they keep grant and Wilson. Which isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Miami doesn’t have a formidable amount of money/cap invested in its top 4 WRs.

helps that Preston Williams they control for 2 more years at dirt. And the arrow looks to be pointing up there

3 positions it wouldn’t surprise me if Miami stayed status quo this offseason.

off ball lb.

Tight end.

wr.

One of the strongest WR classes in recent memory...and we pass on it because we need areas that don't help our potential franchise QB?

Lol.

Funny that you don’t think QBs politic for OL above all else.

WRs are not in the same stratosphere of importance as the guys who cover them, let alone pass rushers.

WRs historically don’t make a huge impact in the post season. That's why the elite one's rarely win rings.

Who’s successful blue print are you trying to follow? You want to be like 2006 Colts?

Didn't matter who Tom Brady threw too; Or Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson etc.... interchangeable parts who aren't worth committing large investments in.

Last edited:
With all the draft picks Miami has they can draft a decent wr prospect if they desire and still have assets to chase other needs. In fact if they're looking at oline help in the first or second round they can move back a few spots, still get their target and get an extra pick to use on a young receiver.

Lol.

Funny that you don’t think QBs politic for OL above all else.

WRs are not in the same stratosphere of importance as the guys who cover them, let alone pass rushers.

Who’s successful blue print are you trying to follow?

You want to be like 2006 Colts?
Funny...I don't recall saying ignore the o-line. There are functioning parts of the o-line Boehm/Kilgore...and to a much lesser extent, Deiter.

If I have a choice between Jeudy and Thomas, Jeudy and Biadasz, Jeudy and Wirfs (unless we select Tua), Jeudy and Creed...I'm taking the Jeudy card up there 9/10 times.

There isn't much difference between Thomas and the other top 5 LT's, as there isn't much difference between Boehm and Biadasz/Creed...loosely translated into the O-line can be built with two of the other 3/4 picks we'll have in the first two rounds.

the thing is and we keep harping on parkers injury past... yes he's been soft and has gotten banged up some. but also he was begging to come back for weeks last year and it seemed like maybe the year before screaming "I'm healthy, let me play" along with some of his other teammates saying the same thing about DVP, where as gase was like "naa he's not healthy".

so i really think he has missed alot more games than he legit should've. what i've seen out of parker this year and what he is going to cost us, i say you keep him. You want to take a gamble here ya go, he keeps up his play like he has so far this season for an entire season, your pick is probably a round or two higher than you can get right now if he works out an extension with the team prior to trade.

we wanted this season to evaluate young talent, thats what we are getting so far after 6 weeks..

right now amongst the young talent showing that maybe he can be apart of the future is DVP. he still has 26 more games before we would have to see if he's worth real money or not. if for some reason after trade deadline he turns back into soft DVP then we can still prob dump him for a lower round pick.

so you just gotta think...dump him now for potentially a 4th, hold on to him and maybe get a 3rd or possibly drop to a 5th
I agree I think hell only get bette faith more time along with Preston

Given the fact that he’s cheap I would keep him but I would still try to sign a legit #1. Parker is not a reliable target game to game and he probably never will be.
I’m in agreement to a certain point I always thought his progress wasn’t stifled because of just injuries but because of gase , check out how the jets are doing , last night score was 33-0 darnald had 4picks by the 3 rd quarter , he’s not a good coach but a good offensive coordinator

Shefter last night when mentioning players who are likely to be traded by the deadline didn’t say parkers name. Didn’t say drakes name either.

49er's are interested,I can see why Shanahan wants him for his offense. I'm not sure if Jimmy can utilize him well enough tho, I'm hearing Packers also.

Parker looked like he belonged out there. He played physical blasting in for the TD and came down with a bunch of passes.

Back
Top Bottom