Never Mind The Hc, Which Players Should Be Back For 2019? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Never Mind The Hc, Which Players Should Be Back For 2019?

I do not expect a lot of change either.

Guys that are gone:
Larson
Branch
Brock
Fales
Parker

Guys that should be but will not be gone:
McCain
Tannehill
some would put Kiko here, I would not.

this is thing that I don't like about dolphins
1. 6 spot in afc playoff.
2. how hard is it get in playoff at leased every 2 yr???
3 bal,cin,den,mia.jag,bills, colts, ten and lac. they all are same team fighting for last spot every yr. this is our group of talent right here. last 10 yr

I agree with most of your list but I think some of these guys are going just be let walked away from the team since they are free agents. Anthony,Brock
I do not expect a lot of change either.

Guys that are gone:
Larson
Branch
Brock
Fales
Parker

Guys that should be but will not be gone:
McCain
Tannehill
some would put Kiko here, I would not.

McCain??? Why? Hes only had like 1 bad game all year

Anthony,Brock,Fales,Derby,Wake are free agents after this year. I would let all of them walk unless Wake wants to come back for cheap

I would cut Branch,Quinn,Larsen,Kilgore(Swanson did a solid job)

I would try and trade Parker & maybe Reshad Jones

I would probably think about Amendola on the fence to be honest maybe try and lower his cap depending what I see from Ford & Carroo these next handful of games

June 1st I would cut Tannehill unless he takes a pay cut

Minkah, Xavien and Laremy are the guys I'm rollin with from here on out. If some other stupid team wants to give the Phins assets (read draft picks) for any other player then the Phins should listen. This franchise should do everything it can to have a boatload of picks to move up in the '20 draft

I'll never understand the hate for James. The line is garbage whenever he's out. No reason to create yet another hole on the line, especially when we have enough cash.

He's a good RT and Davis is a good RG. Makes no sense to break that up, especially when we still need a LG.

Anthony,Brock,Fales,Derby,Wake are free agents after this year. I would let all of them walk unless Wake wants to come back for cheap

I would cut Branch,Quinn,Larsen,Kilgore(Swanson did a solid job)

I would try and trade Parker & maybe Reshad Jones

I would probably think about Amendola on the fence to be honest maybe try and lower his cap depending what I see from Ford & Carroo these next handful of games

June 1st I would cut Tannehill unless he takes a pay cut
I don't think we can trade Parker now. We should have done it when we had the chance tho. I'd give another team our 7th round pick just to take Jones and his contract from us. Kilgore only costs 2mill which is nothing for a Center but I agree that Swanson and Bredel can man the pivot.

I'll never understand the hate for James. The line is garbage whenever he's out. No reason to create yet another hole on the line, especially when we have enough cash.

He's a good RT and Davis is a good RG. Makes no sense to break that up, especially when we still need a LG.
I don't think James is bad but he's also not great. Not saying you're calling him great. The problem is he's going to want at least 11mill per year and he's not worth that, specially when he continues to miss games.

I don't think James is bad but he's also not great. Not saying you're calling him great. The problem is he's going to want at least 11mill per year and he's not worth that, specially when he continues to miss games.

So, we'll blow up the line because he's not "great?" Makes sense. If that's the barometer for who we keep, this team is going to be even more godawful. And yes, if that's the market for a good right tackle, that's what he's worth. These arbitrary values assigned by fans are meaningless. Pay him the money and focus on problem areas we already have.

I remember the injury concerns in the offseason when people wanted to dump him then (haha, oh man were they wrong!). He has missed one game. The same number as Tunsil. Should we dump him too? I mean, we'll eventually have to pay him money too, as terrible as that is for some reason.

So, we'll blow up the line because he's not "great?" Makes sense. If that's the barometer for who we keep, this team is going to be even more godawful. And yes, if that's the market for a good right tackle, that's what he's worth. These arbitrary values assigned by fans are meaningless. Pay him the money and focus on problem areas we already have.

I remember the injury concerns in the offseason when people wanted to dump him then (haha, oh man were they wrong!). He has missed one game. The same number as Tunsil. Should we dump him too? I mean, we'll eventually have to pay him money too, as terrible as that is for some reason.
Take it easy Gonzo. I don't get to make any decisions on who we keep or cut. Part of the problem this team has have is the pay structure and who they give bad contracts to. We have a freaking SS making the most money on our defense when you really want pass rushing DE's and Corners as your top paid players. Tannehill is going to count 26mill next year. I know James has missed one game this year but he's missed 8 games in a season twice already but don't worry, anything I want our FO to do they normally do the opposite like I wanted Goedert but they took Gesicki for example.

Take it easy Gonzo. I don't get to make any decisions on who we keep or cut. Part of the problem this team has have is the pay structure and who they give bad contracts to. We have a freaking SS making the most money on our defense when you really want pass rushing DE's and Corners as your top paid players. Tannehill is going to count 26mill next year. I know James has missed one game this year but he's missed 8 games in a season twice already but don't worry, anything I want our FO to do they normally do the opposite like I wanted Goedert but they took Gesicki for example.

Not sure what that has to do with James or how making our offensive line worse is of any benefit. Getting rid of James makes no sense whatsoever, especially since it means I'm going to have to spend another year listening to people whine about the offensive line. Uh, yeah, no **** the line is terrible, you got rid of a good RT to save some cash for no reason.

They should have given him an extension before this year when it would have been cheaper. Still worth it after this year though. This team needs to stop hemorrhaging talent. I want a playoff contender and you build that with talent, not cap savings.

There are not enough quality free agents available at positions of need to gut the roster as some are predicting unless the team is in Tank for Tua mode, which even though I’m in favor of, it is unlikely.

Just curious. How many teams have 5 "great" OLmen? Or, how many teams have 2 "great" OTs?

Just curious. How many teams have 5 "great" OLmen? Or, how many teams have 2 "great" OTs?
5 great linemen? Probably none. I'm not asking for two great OT's........all I'm saying is that Davis can do the same job as James for a fraction of the money. You have to be smart with the money and the cap. Would you agree that we gave a horrible contract to Jones, Tannehill and Branch? Why do it again with James? You want the top money to go to play makers. Not to a RT or a SS, specially when both have missed so many games over the years. James has missed I believe 19 games since he's been here. I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying be smart with where you spend the money.

Back
Top Bottom