New 2012 NFL Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft to reflect the standings so far this season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

I fixed some of the backgrounds to make the text more readable so let me know if you can't read any.

Also I would love to hear your feedback!

Luck has already stated this was going to be his last season at Stanford.

There's a high probability that Barkley heads back to USC to be the #1 quarterback in 2013, and wants to win a bowl game with the guys in his recruiting class. He'll have the best WR in the country in Robert Woods to throw it to if he does.

is that right...barkleys going back to school??? fudge...we got to got to got to get the #1 pick...robert woods is fantastic...that kids a STUD

I've never heard that before. In fact I've heard reports from sources close to Barkley saying he intends to come out.

I never said I heard it.... it's just what I think might happen.

I heard from Lane Kiffin back during recruiting that Barkley was going to go pro after this season, which I think he was using as a recruiting angle to land a certain QB prospect. I don't buy much of anything that's ever come out of Lane Kiffin's mouth.

Great information. I would be happy with any of the top 3 qb's. Obviously, I would love to have Luck. But if Miami's not drafting #1 overall there is no way, in my opinion, that anyone is going to trade away the chance to get Luck. If the Dolphins end up missing out on the top 3 qb's, what direction do you think they will go? That's the big question in my mind. There's an obvious need at RT, but the fan base would probably go on a killing spree if Miami took another offensive lineman in round 1. Pass rusher is a big need as is anyone in the secondary who can make plays on the ball. With the Marshall situation what it is and some talented wr's out there, would Miami go that direction? Would they reach on another qb possibly Griffin III? What's your take?

That's an interesting question. With some of the mock drafts I did previously, I had a really hard time with the Miami pick. With RT, Pass rusher, and even safety the needs are there but the value doesn't match up at all. Therefore you're probably looking at a BPA pick at that point. WR is an interesting option especially if Blackmon or Floyd are available, and then maybe a QB in round 2. It's going to be a tough situation and you better hope the Dolphins can get a good QB prospect in the first. In my last one I slotted them Burfict at the 14th or so pick just because it was a BPA move.

As far as RG3, if he can continue his play, he might be a early pick. Some team is going to fall in love with him, and QB always get overdrafted so I can definitely see him going early.

L.A. Times columnist speculates Matt Barkley will enter 2012 NFL Draft

clear.gif
by Dan Kadar on Sep 1, 2011 11:01 PM EDT in 2012 NFL Draft
commentv8c9bafb-1.png

• storyemailv0de41d4-1.gif
    printerve30cc85-1.png

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems like there has been much more discussion this offseason surrounding juniors who may enter the NFL Draft.
The latest speculation is about Southern California junior Matt Barkley. With USC on a final year of probation this season, some think Barkley would return for his senior year. Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke isn't one of those people.
Writes Plaschke:
Watch him closely for the next couple of months, because you probably won't be seeing him around here again. Barkley is understandably hoping to use a second consecutive season with no bowl or championship hopes to obtain something even greater — an NFL future.
stardividev5e9d7f1-1.jpg

As Plaschke notes, Barkley is already a senior academically so that shouldn't be an issue keeping him with the Trojans. Plaschke also gets the money quote from Barkley. "I came to USC to prepare myself for a job," Barkley said. "That job just happens to be football."
Right now, Barkley's job prospects are high. Many early mock drafts have projected Barkley as a top-10 pick in the first round. Given how many teams need quarterbacks, it's hard to see a scenario where that isn't the case for Barkley.
Make sure to check out Plaschke's full story .......

where does lamar miller rank? is he considered a first round talent? watching him this year, he has been unreal. I'd like this guy in a fins uniform anytime.

my bad missed him on your mock at 31... any chance you change that to 33rd pick to the phins??? LOL

I never said I heard it.... it's just what I think might happen.

I heard from Lane Kiffin back during recruiting that Barkley was going to go pro after this season, which I think he was using as a recruiting angle to land a certain QB prospect. I don't buy much of anything that's ever come out of Lane Kiffin's mouth.

Kiffin was saying nice things about Al Davis recently so who knows?

Thanks for the comments/feedback guys!

Miller's a RS Sophomore so he can declare.

Also, just as an FYI, I'm going to be updating this mock draft every 4 weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Second best player in the 2012 draft is Vontaze Burfict - ILB - Arizona St. - 6'3'' 250lbs, watch and see, this guy is gonna be an impact player on defense...a game changer and difference maker. If the fins miss out on Luck, they just might get lucky and land this guy, he would be awfully hard to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom