New 2012 NFL Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

RB's come and go in this league so fast it seems. even peterson is petering out a bit.

T RICHARDSON has power AND good speed, as well as good ability as a receiver. HB actually IS a position of need. Consider this: (1) HILLIARD does zippo for me as a HB...FB, pretty good, HB no!!! (2) SLAYTON??? (3) DT to date is an injury-prone bust!!! Now, what if R BUSH goes down, or even gets "dinged"? As things stand, i/m/o, MIAMI's running game ceases to exist. RICHARDSON negates that right from the get-go! And as to "bpa" at the 8th or 9th Pick, don't even TRY to convince me of someone else, unless it's LUCK, RGIII or BLACKMON, all of which is manifestly absurd.

No sir!!! HB is a DEFINITE need, even if DT turns out not to be a bust after all. It would mean that at best, we have precisely TWO legit HBs, and I fear losing BUSH. At #8 or 9, I'd take T RICHARDSON in a blink of an eye, and simply do a "TEBOW" and say "Thank you, God"...in front of EVERYBODY!!! And anyone who didn't like it could kiss my ever-lovin' butt, or better yet, lick it.

T RICHARDSON has power AND good speed, as well as good ability as a receiver. HB actually IS a position of need. Consider this: (1) HILLIARD does zippo for me as a HB...FB, pretty good, HB no!!! (2) SLAYTON??? (3) DT to date is an injury-prone bust!!! Now, what if R BUSH goes down, or even gets "dinged"? As things stand, i/m/o, MIAMI's running game ceases to exist. RICHARDSON negates that right from the get-go! And as to "bpa" at the 8th or 9th Pick, don't even TRY to convince me of someone else, unless it's LUCK, RGIII or BLACKMON, all of which is manifestly absurd.

No sir!!! HB is a DEFINITE need, even if DT turns out not to be a bust after all. It would mean that at best, we have precisely TWO legit HBs, and I fear losing BUSH. At #8 or 9, I'd take T RICHARDSON in a blink of an eye, and simply do a "TEBOW" and say "Thank you, God"...in front of EVERYBODY!!! And anyone who didn't like it could kiss my ever-lovin' butt, or better yet, lick it.

Okay, here we go again.

RB's are a dime a dozen.

The leading rushers in the NFL this last season, and where they were drafted:

Maurice Jones-Drew Round 2-pick 60
Arian Foster- UDFA
Fred Jackson-UDFA
Darren McFadden 1st round pick 5
LeSean McCoy-Round 2 pick 53
Ray Rice-Round 2 pick 55
Michael Turner-Round 5 Pick 154
Matt Forte-Round 2 Pick 44

RB's are a dime a dozen, and I am FAR from sold on Richardson as being worthy of a top 15 pick. Far far from it.

I'd like to see Oregon RB LaMicheal James in a Dolphins uniform. He should be able to learn to do everything Reggie Bush does, and if Bush gets hurt.... Not sure where to draft him (2nd,3rd) but he would be a good fit for an offense designed around Bush.

Mike Sherman would know if we should draft Tannehill.

RW

Richardson is a strong man....I like him more than RB Mark Ingram, who won the Heisman at 'Bama. We probably will have to move Daniel Thomas then. I think if we are there are #8/#9 and don't have a huge need guy on the board then we should take our fully allotted time and see if we can maybe trade down.

Okay, here we go again.

RB's are a dime a dozen.

The leading rushers in the NFL this last season, and where they were drafted:

Maurice Jones-Drew Round 2-pick 60
Arian Foster- UDFA
Fred Jackson-UDFA
Darren McFadden 1st round pick 5
LeSean McCoy-Round 2 pick 53
Ray Rice-Round 2 pick 55
Michael Turner-Round 5 Pick 154
Matt Forte-Round 2 Pick 44

RB's are a dime a dozen, and I am FAR from sold on Richardson as being worthy of a top 15 pick. Far far from it.

RB's are a dime a dozen, but elite RB's arent.

I think the better question to ask is how would those teams be without the RB's you mentioned? They would most likely be bottom half offenses, much like Miami was. Those RB's pretty much carried those teams.

What would we do with Bush then? Have him go back to 3rd downs, passing situations, punt returns, and wideout? It' not just about talent, it's also about fit. I think we could make him fit but there would be changes.

RW

I think the better question to ask is how would those teams be without the RB's you mentioned? They would most likely be bottom half offenses, much like Miami was. Those RB's pretty much carried those teams.

mcfadden, hurt
foster hurt
jackson hurt
forte hurt.....

bush filled in for mcfadden nicely. tate was a great fill in, who rushed great when he got the carries. cj spiller came on at the end of the year... so with the exception of forte, I don't think many dropped off too badly.

we've already gone the 1st round runningback route. I'd rather fill another need with that selection, and if they are dead set on a RB, which I don't think they are even though they signed the CFLer... I'd look at it in round two, where there is still some very good talent.

IF they did take a RB round two, I think DT gets moved. 2nd round RB's might include david wilson, lamar miller, and doug martin.

I'd much rather fill the need of another pass rusher in the first than take a rb...

What would we do with Bush then? Have him go back to 3rd downs, passing situations, punt returns, and wideout? It' not just about talent, it's also about fit. I think we could make him fit but there would be changes.

RW
You need at least 2 good running backs in today's league, that's just a fact. I haven't seen anything in Thomas to make me think he's a good starter, probably because he was injured all the time (which was a concern when we drafted him given his run style).

That being said, you can get good RBs anywhere. I like Richardson, but I hate taking a RB in the top ten almost as much as I hate taking linemen.

I'd be okay with it, honestly. I don't think we're good enough to draft solely off need right now. BPA all the way, and Richardson at #9 is a steal.

You're missing my point.

Of all the top RB's in the league..very very very few were taken in the first round.

New England features two pretty darn good RB's...and they are both UDFA
Houston has one of the very best RB's in the league..and again, he is an UDFA
The vast majority of successful RB's the last 5 seasons have been drafted in the 4th round and later.
We already have a glorified 1st rounder in Bush. Spending that high a pick on another is NOT a good idea.

Here's food for thought:
Any team is only going to get so many running plays, and with our new coach and system, that number is probably going to go way way down.
Reggie Bush showed what he can do this last season if showcased in the right offense. He looked pretty damn good.
Now then, we spend a top 10 on an RB's and two detrimental things are going to happen:

A) Said Rookie is NOT going to get many touches. Not nearly enough to warrant a top 10 pick. He's not going to play special teams either, so his value per touch goes way down.
B) Any touches he does get takes away from Bush, and as I mentioned, he showed exactly what can happen when he gets enough touches.

IF we were another RB away from being really great, then it would be a pick I might consider
WE have many much more pressing needs including, and in no particular order (Well, kind've)
RT
Pass rusher opposite Cam Wake (Denver did pretty damn good defensively now that they have somebody across from Dummerville, and I do attribute their success this last year to Von Miller more than even Tebow)
QB
TE- A true seam busting TE
FS- We all know that we have never had that true ballhawk back there. That instantly shores up the CB spot as they can read and react better with help over the top.

Picking another RB top 10 would make about as much sense as picking another LT or Center right now............

You're missing my point.

Of all the top RB's in the league..very very very few were taken in the first round.

As much as you want to believe it, that is simply just not true.

9 out of the top 15 RB's in rushing yards last year were drafted in the first round, and that doesn't even include injured running backs like Adrian Peterson, Reshard Mendenhall, and Darren McFadden. If those guys weren't injured, you are probably see that an overwhelming majority of the top RB's were drafted in the 1st round. That's all I have to add to this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as you want to believe it, that is simply just not true.

9 out of the top 15 RB's in rushing yards last year were drafted in the first round, and that doesn't even include injured running backs like Adrian Peterson, Reshard Mendenhall, and Darren McFadden. If those guys weren't injured, you are probably see that an overwhelming majority of the top RB's were drafted in the 1st round. That's all I have to add to this discussion.

How many of the top 5 RBs were taken in the first round? You're skewing the stats :)

Back
Top Bottom