New 2014 NFL Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

Broncos in the super bowl makes me want to :puke:

Even if Denver makes it, they won't win. No Super Bowl winning QB has gone to a new team and repeated the success.

If I'm wrong, please point one out. Because my friends and I couldn't figure it out.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Even if Denver makes it, they won't win. No Super Bowl winning QB has gone to a new team and repeated the success.

If I'm wrong, please point one out. Because my friends and I couldn't figure it out.

haha. Right, so yea, that definitely means Peyton couldnt win one in denver.

It's not as if there are centuries of evidence for this. You are basing it off of a very small number of comparable situations. The idea that a QB can't win a second SB on a second team simply because it hasn't happened yet is pretty silly. He's just as likely, if not MORE likely to win a SB with the Broncos as he would have been had he stayed with the Dolts.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

I like Marqise Lee, USC, WR and also Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame,,,,he would be a nice replacement if Starks moves on. As far as the Broncos winning the SB, I really hope not. Living here in Colorado, you get sick of the media slurping Manning and the Bronco's jocks 24/7....I doubt any team gets more coverage in the NFL than the Broncos do here in Colorado...maybe the Jets in NYC, but it is round the clock coverage here.

I think the Broncos have some issues with their d-backs. Chump Bailey should have retired several years ago, and they also lost Dumervil who was a top locker room leader. They got Welker, but I still don't think they are the top team in the AFC, let alone the NFL.

2014 NFL Mock Draft

I really like the layout of your mock draft. As for the mock itself, forget Manziel going in the first because that's media hype. Second, Anthony Barr needs to be top 10.

It's not as if there are centuries of evidence for this. You are basing it off of a very small number of comparable situations. The idea that a QB can't win a second SB on a second team simply because it hasn't happened yet is pretty silly. He's just as likely, if not MORE likely to win a SB with the Broncos as he would have been had he stayed with the Dolts.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

More likely, definitely. But still not likely - given his physical limitations. I think his pocket mobility has eroded (which happens) with age. He's good enough to win, but I don't think he's good enough to carry a team in the playoffs. I think there are more talented teams, and Manning is a master technician with physical limitations. He needs a big talent to step up and take pressure off if he's going to win a SB.

This guy's mock draft now that I look at it is actually pretty good. Not bad at all. Some calls I don't like, but others I do.

Here are the 32 guys I would consider strong possibilities for 1st round standing:

QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd
RB - Lache Seastrunk
WR - Marqise Lee, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Coleman
TE - Eric Ebron, Colt Lyerla, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
OT - Jake Matthews, Cyrus Kouandjio, David Yankey, Taylor Lewan
OG - Gabe Jackson
OC - None
DT - Timmy Jernigan, Louis Nix, DeAndre Coleman, Stephen Tuitt
DE - Jadaveon Clowney, Adrian Hubbard, Anthony Barr, Kyle Van Noy
LB - Ryan Shazier, Shayne Skov
DB - Jason Verrett, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Bradley Robey, Antone Exum, LeMarcus Joyner, H. Clinton-Dix, Nickoe Whitley

That's not necessarily all of the players I think are worthy, and in fact some of them aren't what I would deem worthy, but I think they're the most likely to actually go in the 1st.

This guy's mock draft now that I look at it is actually pretty good. Not bad at all. Some calls I don't like, but others I do.

Here are the 32 guys I would consider strong possibilities for 1st round standing:

QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd
RB - Lache Seastrunk
WR - Marqise Lee, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Coleman
TE - Eric Ebron, Colt Lyerla, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
OT - Jake Matthews, Cyrus Kouandjio, David Yankey, Taylor Lewan
OG - Gabe Jackson
OC - None
DT - Timmy Jernigan, Louis Nix, DeAndre Coleman, Stephen Tuitt
DE - Jadaveon Clowney, Adrian Hubbard, Anthony Barr, Kyle Van Noy
LB - Ryan Shazier, Shayne Skov
DB - Jason Verrett, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Bradley Robey, Antone Exum, LeMarcus Joyner, H. Clinton-Dix, Nickoe Whitley

That's not necessarily all of the players I think are worthy, and in fact some of them aren't what I would deem worthy, but I think they're the most likely to actually go in the 1st.

Surprised by a few guys on your list, Shayne Skov, Antone Exum, & LaMarcus Joyner. Exum needs to go back to safety & Joyner has played out of position his entire college career. Do you not like C.J. Mosley or Loucheiz Purifoy?

I don't think there's any doubt that Exum needs to return to safety. Although he might be a fit for a team like Seattle that prefers extremely large CB's. The main issue facing Exum is the fact that he tore his ACL in January playing basketball, and I'd be fairly surprised if he's ready to go against Alabama to begin the season. It's unlikely that he's completely healthy at any point during the 2013 season.

I think Mosley has an excellent chance to be a 1st rounder if he stays healthy. The NFL is prioritizing linebackers who can cover like safeties, and Mosley fits that role perfectly. He's peerless in coverage, diagnoses plays, and has top end speed for a linebacker. He’s intelligent, a good teammate, and not bad against the run. But he’s a bit light for an NFL linebacker, and he’s been nicked up several times so far in his Alabama career. I think he's a better prospect than Manti Te'o or Kevin Minter.

Surprised by a few guys on your list, Shayne Skov, Antone Exum, & LaMarcus Joyner. Exum needs to go back to safety & Joyner has played out of position his entire college career. Do you not like C.J. Mosley or Loucheiz Purifoy?

I'm not as big a fan of Purifoy. I believe Joyner is moving back to corner this year and I think he's going to have a big year there, enough that he could sneak into 1st round discussions. I recognize that Exum has a big hill to climb with his torn ACL but I think he's capable of doing so. Hell, Jason Allen got into the mid-1st round despite breaking his hip and risking necrosis Bo Jackson-style. This is a copycat league and there will be enough teams that are moving toward the Seattle way of doing things on defense that I think Exum will find buyers at both corner and safety. Shayne Skov is a theory. I recognize others don't have him there. He was in his first year off a big knee injury last year and I think he'll be more impressive in his second year off the surgery.

I'm not as big a fan of Purifoy. I believe Joyner is moving back to corner this year and I think he's going to have a big year there, enough that he could sneak into 1st round discussions. I recognize that Exum has a big hill to climb with his torn ACL but I think he's capable of doing so. Hell, Jason Allen got into the mid-1st round despite breaking his hip and risking necrosis Bo Jackson-style. This is a copycat league and there will be enough teams that are moving toward the Seattle way of doing things on defense that I think Exum will find buyers at both corner and safety. Shayne Skov is a theory. I recognize others don't have him there. He was in his first year off a big knee injury last year and I think he'll be more impressive in his second year off the surgery.

Funny you mentioned Bo Jackson. He lives by me in Chicago burbs. I met him a couple of nights ago. We were on the sidewalk leaving a Thai restaurant at same time. I was talking to his wife before I knew who they were. i was chatting with the wife about how it was sunny and rainy at same time. I then realized it was Bo and tried to engage him and he was a total douche. It's not like I was bothering him in any way. I was talking to his wife before I even saw him.

any list that doesn't have usc backer dion bailey on it needs a redo...i don't care that the guys light in the pants...that guys as instinctual a backer and explosive as any in the country....he might make a hell of a strong safety...

i think it's highly likely qb teddy bridgewater is the top pick in the 2014 class...

and i'm with the exum needs to go back to safety crowd...he's way too handsy in coverage down the field to get away with all the impeding i see from him in college at corner at the pro level...

Back
Top Bottom