New Blog From Joe Schad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Blog From Joe Schad

Well Joe isn't one of them but the media created this with all the crap they've been pulling the last couple years. They had no accountability. Sitting in bars cheering on opposing teams etc.

Media dug the hole and now they will have to be what they weren't prior....accountable and like oh my god...actual reporters.

As for Saban closing down the camps this year. He isn't the first new coach to come in and do it and he won't be the last. I only think he does it this year while they install the new schemes and next year he'll lay off some.

Saban has pulled the string on the media because of how out of control things got the last couple years. You need not look any further than the Ricky Williams debacle where Ricky was best pals with a reporter, and then spoke to the team and the fans through him.

Shutting down the media allows for him to gain control over the loose cannon that was the Miami Dolphins last year.

Saban is going to play things close to the vest, letting the media know only what he feels they need to know. This way you don't have players crying to the newpapers about anything, and stuff gets resolved internally.

When discussing the draft, Nick said "why give anyone, ANY information about which direction you're going to go?" "It's more advantageous to let them guess"

Do you not agree? Also how do you let the fans go to Mini-camps, and not allow the media? You can't have it both ways.

Think like a general in the Army. Think about how you fight an enemy that is as strong, if not stronger than your own forces. First off you don't let your troops run out to the newspapers (restricting media)and talk about how you plan on attacking. Secondly you gain the focus of your troops by not allowing any outside distractions(closed mini camps) to take away from teaching, and learning. Lastly you gain complete control of your players hearts and minds.

Without it you can't fight as a co-hesive unit. Saban and Belicheck have discussed stratagy, and plays, for years. You don't know how much of the success the Patriots have had is directly connected to our own coach.

As badly as the off-season will suck, in the end, the ONLY thing that matters is winning actual games...and so far I don't see any way he can keep the fans out of the seats on game day.

9) I think Braylon Edwards will be no better than the other recent Michigan receivers that entered the draft, ie., David Terrell.

Wow. Basically says Edwards is gonna be a bust. Alot guys here talkd like Edwards is the second coming. Somebody is way off.
Personally, I think Edwards falls somewhere in the middle. He will be good, not great. A solid #2 WR, who every now then has a big game.

Nublar7 said:
I disagree with Schad on McMichael. I think he will sign long term, and I think he will do it once Surtain is traded.

:yeahthat:

Joe Schad is a bit too full of himself. And, he's trying to give us a "told you so" that we will somehow regret the limited access? As if we just lived to read his blogs? He's the one who will regret it.

The fact is, there will still be speculation and scenarios - they just won't be based as much on "inside info" released by Ricky boy and Davey boy.

His copying Peter King wouldn't be so bad if he had some genuine inside knowledge to back it up. Joe isn't sitting down in Phil Sims living room watching film! Big difference.

Da 'Fins said:
Joe Schad is a bit too full of himself. And, he's trying to give us a "told you so" that we will somehow regret the limited access? As if we just lived to read his blogs? He's the one who will regret it.

The fact is, there will still be speculation and scenarios - they just won't be based as much on "inside info" released by Ricky boy and Davey boy.

His copying Peter King wouldn't be so bad if he had some genuine inside knowledge to back it up. Joe isn't sitting down in Phil Sims living room watching film! Big difference.

You didn't like his blogs?

IMO, Saban doesn't want any distractions either through the media or the public. He wants this team and its players to all be focused and ready to play. It wasn't long ago that there were articles coming out about Zack Thomas and Saban and Jason Taylor and Saban and it was the media trying to stir up controversy. It may seem harsh to restrict the fans but what would stop the media from mixing in with the fans and still getting the comments when the players approach the fans for autographs. Just one misstatement by a player and controversy, inuendos and rumors will be started.

OneHondo said:
IMO, Saban doesn't want any distractions either through the media or the public. He wants this team and its players to all be focused and ready to play. It wasn't long ago that there were articles coming out about Zack Thomas and Saban and Jason Taylor and Saban and it was the media trying to stir up controversy. It may seem harsh to restrict the fans but what would stop the media from mixing in with the fans and still getting the comments when the players approach the fans for autographs. Just one misstatement by a player and controversy, inuendos and rumors will be started.

I remember that. I also remember that due to little media access that the rumors were able to circulate for weeks before they were commented on by the team.

He might be able to stop the team from talking to the paper, he is not going to be able to stop the team from reading the paper and watching the news.

I think Schad had some good insights here; his points about restricted media and fan access are right on, whether you want to view them with aqua-colored glasses is your deception not mine.

And I appreciate anyone with any more access to the team than myself who takes the time - out of his own time, BTW - to jot down thoughts and observations.

I think who really might be full of themselves are folks who put down anyone whose actual job it is to know and cover the team, just because that person might disagree with their own exalted opinions.

Back
Top Bottom