New Blog From Joe Schad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Blog From Joe Schad

decent read, it must suck to cover dolphins football right now since there's absolutely nothing to do and nobody that will talk to you

Interesting. The guy brings up some good points. I do agree with restricting the media to an extent. But I do think Saban has taken it a bit to the extreme. I definetly think he crossed the line with the serious restriction of the fans. He has to realize, just like the players, that the fans are ultimately his paycheck. Other than this, I love the guy. I think he will take us to a championship. But it would be more fun if were allowed to get to know our players a bit.

Better hope that Randy does sign an extention.... we won't be able to afford him next season after he has another (or better) monster year.

SCall13 said:
Interesting. The guy brings up some good points. I do agree with restricting the media to an extent. But I do think Saban has taken it a bit to the extreme. I definetly think he crossed the line with the serious restriction of the fans. He has to realize, just like the players, that the fans are ultimately his paycheck. Other than this, I love the guy. I think he will take us to a championship. But it would be more fun if were allowed to get to know our players a bit.

i don't blame him one bit for the extent of his restrictions. as bad as this organization is/was when he took over, i would do the same. this team needs some time to re-establish an identity and saban seems to understand this. he will probably always have restrictions to access his team, but i would not be surprised if he loosens up a bit next seanon.

DOLPHAN1 said:
i don't blame him one bit for the extent of his restrictions. as bad as this organization is/was when he took over, i would do the same. this team needs some time to re-establish an identity and saban seems to understand this. he will probably always have restrictions to access his team, but i would not be surprised if he loosens up a bit next seanon.

Well, like I said, I can see restrictions to an extent. But restrciting fan access and almost totally restricting media is NOT going to help in establishing the team's identity. It won't help us win a Super Bowl either. I'm not AGAINST some restrictions. I just think it's being taken too far. Especially with the fans. It's Saban's team now. He can do what he wants. But that doesn't mean we all have to like it.
I do like Saban's way with words and his ability to keep the media guessing. And I know he'll be an excellent coach. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does.

IF Randy is NOT in our future plans... TRADE him and get some picks for him. That being said I REALLY hope that we resign him to a LONG contract. Like his passion for the game.

SCall13 said:
Well, like I said, I can see restrictions to an extent. But restrciting fan access and almost totally restricting media is NOT going to help in establishing the team's identity. It won't help us win a Super Bowl either. I'm not AGAINST some restrictions. I just think it's being taken too far. Especially with the fans. It's Saban's team now. He can do what he wants. But that doesn't mean we all have to like it.
I do like Saban's way with words and his ability to keep the media guessing. And I know he'll be an excellent coach. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does.

i understand your frustration, i'm frustrated too. not much to do these days but speculate. just a question from one frustrated fan to another; is this restriction gonna affect you as a fan either going to or watching games this fall? i know for me the answer is no. i will still get just as excited and/or frustrated as i always do.

DOLPHAN1 said:
i understand your frustration, i'm frustrated too. not much to do these days but speculate. just a question from one frustrated fan to another; is this restriction gonna affect you as a fan either going to or watching games this fall? i know for me the answer is no. i will still get just as excited and/or frustrated as i always do.

Oh no question, I will be just as passionate about Miami as always. BUT, that doesn't stop me from wanting to know JUST A LITTLE BIT. :D

I like how he says that he thinks we'll draft a RB...his opinion, nothing more...rather than saying this is why the Dolphins WILL take a RB at 2, and then go into a long schpiel about why a RB at 2 is a lock.

I agree with Saban restricting media access. I also think, however, that he has gone too far. As a fan, I love reading about the "insider" stuff but I also love the wins (ok, I REALLY love when we win). Saban has done nothing yet in the NFL to prove himself. I think it would be really funny that he is such a hard a** and we end up with a losing record again next year. I think coaches should only be allowed to have all of this control once they have shown that they can coach in the NFL. I know Saban doesn't look like Spurrier... but no one really knows for sure what our record will be next season. We've basically (the fans) handed him the keys to the kingdom but have yet to see him in action in the big leagues... not college.

If we're not going to utilize Randy, I say trade him -- try to get a second rounder and draft Alex Smith (TE)

HysterikiLL said:
If we're not going to utilize Randy, I say trade him -- try to get a second rounder and draft Alex Smith (TE)
This is just Joe's opinion. For all we know, McMichael could be Saban's favorite player.

Back
Top Bottom