New comer of the year - other than Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New comer of the year - other than Ricky?

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
New commer of the year?

What first year Dolphin will have the biggest impact this season? I am hopeing it is Leon Searcy since we need it most on the o-line. What do you guys think?

Re: New commer of the year?

Originally posted by Dajesus
What first year Dolphin will have the biggest impact this season? I am hopeing it is Leon Searcy since we need it most on the o-line. What do you guys think?

Ummm if it's Leon we are in deep sh*t lol. Ricky Williams all the way.

I think RW in a landslide, just because he plays such a high profile position, and will get a lot of pub no matter how he plays.

Having a bunch of first year Phins contribute would be great tho, and there are a few poised to make a name for themselves.

Re: Re: New commer of the year?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Ummm if it's Leon we are in deep sh*t lol. Ricky Williams all the way.
:lol:

this question really needs to be "New commer of the year other than Ricky" - in that case I would have to go for Larry Chester since he is the only new guy right now that is a starter unless you include Royal.

and might want to exclude Norv as well :rolleyes:

Uh yeah Ricky runs for 1400 and 15 TDs, I'm gonna say..uh.....oh.........Ricky Williams.

Re: New commer of the year?

Originally posted by Dajesus
i guess its a forgone conclusion RW is gonna excell, but i sure hope leon does do good, that'll sure help rickys cause!:D

Re: Re: Re: New commer of the year?

Originally posted by dolphan39
:lol:

this question really needs to be "New commer of the year other than Ricky" - in that case I would have to go for Larry Chester since he is the only new guy right now that is a starter unless you include Royal.

and might want to exclude Norv as well :rolleyes:

I wrote this a 4am this morning, but that is exactly what I meant. Sorry I won't come here after 2 am any more. I was trying to stay up for the USA game. I am so glad i didn't make it.

Rob Burnett, he's gonna rack up the sacks in the Trace role.

hello sherif

its not football season yet, but if you're looking for info about the fins, you've come to the right place!:D

Dolfan06 Thanks for the invite. I've been reading this site for a while decided to post. Yea you hear that all the time. 6k posts is impressive btw. I like this site for football discussion and news. Less bs than the Herald where I post and AFC East on WebX.

fan984 thanks for the backup.

I'm gonna say Larry Chester (I hope). If he proves to have the potential that he's supposed to it could make a BIG difference on defense having a guy that good at run defense at tackle the whole year instead of DG's perennial bow-out.

If I were being cute I'd say I hope its Daryl Gardener, since he's switching position. If he makes waves at DE that would really help.

If Chester is a Gardner at DT and Gardner "makes waves" at DE fugedabatit. Pittsburg who?

Gardener was a good penetration guy at DT, and I really don't think Chester could ever live up to that. His strong suit is holding up at the point of attack tim bowens style. So our passrush might be a little winced this year and for that we're gonna have to blitz a little I think (if we bring a safety up some we can get away with it i think).

What I'm realistically hopin for is Chester to turn out to be another Tim Bowens.

Back
Top Bottom