New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB

This isn't even a rumour lol it's based off a bleacherreport article that is titled "NFL Trade Ideas That Would Shake Up the League in 2021". This is the problem with reporters, how do you claim something is a rumour because another reporter made a list of trades he thinks would be cool. This is no different than me saying the Dolphins are going to trade Howard because my friend said he thinks it would be a good trade.
Exactly! This is precisely how the Watson rumors got started....by a reporter looking for click bait depsite the Fins saying Tua is our QB.

Ahhhhhh no.

Two firsts.......we might be onto something.

One first......hanging up the phone.

Miami has all the leverage. If Dallas (or anyone) wants him, see Laremy Tunsil deal.

I'll trade them Byron Jones and a 4th for a 2nd.
I like it 2 x 1st rounders BUT......

Tunsil: good character, no injuries, intelligent (didn't even use agent to get the deal from the Texans), learns from mistakes and how to escape even a problematic family (family tried to sabotage his draft) .

X: Character questions (going all the back to college), injury concern (knee), age (at apex now only goes down), intelligence is in question (see life choices as an indicator, which shows he hasn't learned a thing).

Sorry, I didn't want to part with Tunsil, just the trade offer was silly, I will part with X happily for 2 x 1's or frankly even 1 x 1 plus.

It's not a rumor or anything that's probably going to happen just some sports guy bringing up random trades he believes should happen. So it's just basically click bait and the one who posted this doesn't or didn't know the difference
I agree that this was just speculation and that there is no indication that the two teams have even spoken to one another... but...

From a purely football standpoint, the author has a pretty good grasp of Howard's value, and of our needs vs. what Dallas might have that would interest us.

Currently, the two biggest question marks on our line are at Center and Left Guard, and Connor McGovern is EXACTLY the sort of player that should interest us, while simultaneously being a player that is an extra man in in Dallas. At Penn State, he started at both Guard and Center over a three year period and projects well to both positions... He's young, from a good linemen school, and started a fair number of games last year. He's probably better than Deiter and might have more upside than Kindley.

We could do a LOT worse than getting a #1 from Dallas with McGovern as a throw in.

It isn't a bad idea... even though it is clearly just speculation.

#2 please...
I just can't get enthused about a player who beats women... Hunt has also been arrested for alcohol and marijuana violations. Great player who is under-utilized in Cleveland, but he's a horrible person and even if you believe in forgiveness (I do), you always wonder if he's actuallt changed and will these problems reoccur.

A 1st and a backup OT? I'm out.

Not sure what you are expecting in return if we do trade X. But a 1st round pick plus a back up OT would be about the value I expect and would be content with that. As good as Howard is we want get any offers in a Ramsey like trade. CB's dont usually get traded for that much. Ramsey is a household name like Revis was and even Revis was traded for only a 1st and 4th. Its Howard's contract that concern a lot of teams, they just dont have the resources to acquire him and/or the money. and historically very few CB's have been traded for a 1st round pick +

Not sure what you are expecting in return if we do trade X. But a 1st round pick plus a back up OT would be about the value I expect and would be content with that. As good as Howard is we want get any offers in a Ramsey like trade. CB's dont usually get traded for that much. Ramsey is a household name like Revis was and even Revis was traded for only a 1st and 4th. Its Howard's contract that concern a lot of teams, they just dont have the resources to acquire him and/or the money. and historically very few CB's have been traded for a 1st round pick +

In general I don't disagree too much. But, this is a theoretical trade with Jerry. That gives Miami's leverage AND DAL may have to unload some contracts to afford X. And I'm not asking for an AllPro - just an average or above starter at a position of need.

That said, I doubt any team offers anything close to what Miami would take

Love ya brother long time no talk!
scary movie phone GIF

Back
Top Bottom