New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB

GIF by Saturday Night Live
Bashful GIF

Ever try throwing a Caber? Need to be corn, er - haggis fed!
My family is mostly Scot on one side and mostly Welsh on the other... but I'm waaay to old to toss a caber. The best I could do is to dance or sing at a Ceilidh.

Well that's confusing. I I see interconference, I immediately think of inside the same conference because that makes sense. Outside the conference obviously the NFC since we are AFC and it's not within our conference. But what do I know?

Does anyone else think of it this way or just me?
that doesnt make sense because thats not what the word means, lol

I've said before that draft compensation for X is about a first and a second for 22 or a first for 22 and 23 are the limit. Age and injuries, plus his demands for extra coin will chase away most suitors.

If anyone decided to offer any of those scenarios up, I would take that.

Since Dallas will likely be picking 15-25, I would only accept a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.
He is a top player at the peak of his career.
I think the team should give him a new contract frankly. I want to win now.
He was a big part of us winning 10 games last year. We need to continue building to challenge KC and Buffalo.

What team has the cap space to sign Howard?

Since Dallas will likely be picking 15-25, I would only accept a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.
He is a top player at the peak of his career.
I think the team should give him a new contract frankly. I want to win now.
He was a big part of us winning 10 games last year. We need to continue building to challenge KC and Buffalo.

You're also assuming he's going to be healthy and avialable for all 17 regular season games and possibly post-season play.
When was the last time X played a full season back to back?
History suggest it ain't happening and we end up having to play one of the other guys ANYWAY!

We go into the follow season having X in the books and with even less trade value.

Smart money says trade him now while his value is the highest and some team thinks he's over the injury bug.

You're also assuming he's going to be healthy and avialable for all 17 regular season games and possibly post-season play.
When was the last time X played a full season back to back?
History suggest it ain't happening and we end up having to play one of the other guys ANYWAY!

We go into the follow season having X in the books and with even less trade value.

Smart money says trade him now while his value is the highest and some team thinks he's over the injury bug.

I don't disagree, but I'm struggling with this black/white. *IF* X had asked for a renegotiation and made next year the deadline, he'd still be paid his regular salary this year. If he renegotiates THIS year for an extra $3mm, Miami is only risking an additional $3mm on that possible injury. OTOH, you're right - a serious injury this year and his trade value is damaged. There are people who are paid to place numerical values on that risk.

Trade or no trade, to me, is not the focus. Everyone will trade for a Tunsil-like deal. No one will trade for a 3rd. The real focus in on the trade return and how much of it could cost Miami.

Heavy is a **** source, they just post fantasy articles for click bait. Pretty sure they did one on almost every team trading for him.

I disagree. The Dolphin's should do what they are doing. The panicked money rushes to trade away your best draft pick in the last decade. He is not exactly replaceable in our line-up. He wins us games on Sunday. Money is NOT more important than wins. We likely go to the Playoffs with X this season, without him we likely do not. He takes the other teams best receiver 1 on 1 all day. He is a throwback to guys like Revis, get all the wounded parties in one room and figure out how to keep our defense together.

Back
Top Bottom