New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Cowboys Trade Proposal Emerges for All-Pro CB

I disagree. The Dolphin's should do what they are doing. The panicked money rushes to trade away your best draft pick in the last decade. He is not exactly replaceable in our line-up. He wins us games on Sunday. Money is NOT more important than wins. We likely go to the Playoffs with X this season, without him we likely do not. He takes the other teams best receiver 1 on 1 all day. He is a throwback to guys like Revis, get all the wounded parties in one room and figure out how to keep our defense together.
While you make a very valid point. I will be surprised if they cave to his salary demands. If he only had a year or possibly 2 years left on his contract, they would likely renegotiate his contract but with four years
left, I doubt it.

They would then be opening it up for every player who feels like he outplayed his contract to hold out if they don’t get more money. I agree Howard makes the defense better when he is on the field but unless he plays under his present contract in 2021, I suspect they will end up trading him if he holds out once training camp starts.

1972, if it turns out that we end up trading Howard, we better hope Iggy is ready to step in and play. I didn't like moving Minkah and most feel as though Pittsburgh won that trade. What will we get that appeases this fan base? I'd like an All Pro player in return instead of a draft pick for 22 or 23, screw that, I want to win now!
If we can't swing a deal that is a winner for us then call their bluff. Let X and his new greedy agent lose money each week he doesn't show up for games. He'll come back very quickly. If he sits out a year at age 28 it just might screw his career up forever. Once a player is away from the game he doesn't always get back. X is an All Pro player and he is very much in the news but if the season starts and he's not playing, he'll be a forgotten man. He's getting lousy advice from his agent and it's caused a rift in the team between X and FO, this isn't good as is so end it one way or the other. If we're smart we'll figure out a way to keep last season's defense together. Stop trading our best players!!

Back
Top Bottom