New Defensive Scheme? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Defensive Scheme?

Dont like the pick at all it is a wasted pick there was no need for a 3-4 DE Starks and Langford are really good players and Jerry Hughes or even Sergio Kindle would have been the better pick

great pick, would have liked Hughes but im good, u r going to see Starks at Tackle some times... 40th pick is going to be L. Joseph DT and 3rd Chad Jones FS
If our draft is Odrick, Joseph, and Jones i will be super pissed that would be a horrible draft IMO

clear.gif

Seriously? We just hired Mike Nolan. We are obviously not running a 4-3... Odrick is a beast. I'm still trying to figure out where all these people get this idea he will be a DE? I've said it in numerous threads now, how do you know he won't be a NT? Same size as Jay Ratliff, and guess what? Ratliff has made two straight pro bowls, and made all pro last year. Maybe the FO sees Jay ratliff in him? A quicker, more athletic NT who can rush the passer, while still being a beast in the run game. People should be a little more open minded, really. Oh did I mention he weighs a whopping 4 pounds less than Jason Ferguson?

Odrick is a talented athlete with rare size, a good motor, brains, willpower and devotion to be the best he can be. We couldn't really go wrong with the kid, he is very impressive as a player and a solid citizen to boot. We traded down, got a quality player and good value for the draft spot, and we picked up a high second rounder. What's not to like?

Honestly there was a top eschelon of players in this draft and our selection at 12 fell below that top eschelon. The picks from 7 or so to about our pick at 28 were pretty similar in projected talent. Some with more talent, like JPP and Dez, also had higher bust potential, but we saved a lot of money (surely a Salary Cap will be re-instated when the collective bargaining agreement is inevitably signed), gained draft picks, and got a very good DL guy who is already a goo fit at DE, and can probably play some NT as well.

There are still a fair amount of players out there who are also in that second tier of talent that will be scooped up early in round 2, and with our pick at #40 overall, we just might snag one of those as well.

Back
Top Bottom