New Defensive Scheme? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Defensive Scheme?

tcolli17

Rookie
Reaction score
Are we switching to a 4-3 based scheme? I think that our current personal, along with the selection of Odrick, fit a 4-3 better than a 3-4. I wouldn't be opposed to the defensive switch because this league is turning into a passing league. And the strength of a 4-3 is stopping the pass, while a 3-4 is stopping the run. Karlos Dansby is a 4-3 ILB and Crowder is probably better suited to play a OLB in a 4-3.

I was thinking of that.

Cameron Wake is better suited as a 4-3 DE, where he moves forward on every down, and doesn't have to worry about pass coverage and operating in space.

I don't get the pick...is the best part of our team not our 3_4 ends??? I see 1 of 2 things..we move merling to LB or we plan on playin more 4_3...i juz got see how this fits into our d plan???

Otherwise it's a bad pick. He absolutely can't play nose and DE is one of our deeper positions. Odrick is a bigger disappointment than Williams, Morgan or Graham by far

If Merling really does switch to SOLB than I understand the pick the value is there and we pick again in a few picks.
Merling seems to be more athletic than Roth was so the switch might actually work.
Nolan is not going to run a 4-3.
Starks Langford Mcdaniel Odrick sounds nice to me.

This guy can play both....remember guys the Trifecta like position flexibility and besides that Kindle is still available at OLB in the second or you can figure maybe Worilds in the 3rd. I'm thinking safety in the second.

Guys bashing the picks are acting like bozos right now. To drop back, acquire more picks and land Odrick at 28 was a tremendous night. Is Odrick a pure NT? No, but he is a solid defensive lineman and instantly upgrades the line. As a Penn State fan, I have watched him over the years and you all will like him.

He will be a three down player and will shift all along the line. Great pick by the Dolphins.

I don't see why everyone says he cannot play nose. The dude is 6'5" tall and weighs over 300 lbs. Sure we would LOVE to have a Ted Washington up front but IIRC, BP has NEVER had a behemoth at NT on his teams.

Remember also if he was to play DE, the aim of the front 3 on a 3-4 defense is to take on o-lineman and create gaps for our linebackers to wreak havok. I haven't checked about other teams running pure 3-4 defenses but 304 lbs is pretty damn large for a DE....

great pick, would have liked Hughes but im good, u r going to see Starks at Tackle some times... 40th pick is going to be L. Joseph DT and 3rd Chad Jones FS

Guys bashing the picks are acting like bozos right now. To drop back, acquire more picks and land Odrick at 28 was a tremendous night. Is Odrick a pure NT? No, but he is a solid defensive lineman and instantly upgrades the line. As a Penn State fan, I have watched him over the years and you all will like him.

He will be a three down player and will shift all along the line. Great pick by the Dolphins.
Personally, I love the pick. He was the BPA. Next was the CB from Boise State that the Jest took. IMO, DL>CB in value to a defense. The Dolphins told Merling to lose weight during the offseason which leads me to believe they have a position switch planned for him.

Wow, I feel sick. This pick is so bad I can't believe it. A DE who can't get off blocks?? Really?? With Hughes and Kindle still on board!!

We had three holes coming in to the draft and unless we do in fact switch to a 4-3 we still have the same 3 holes. The best player we have so far out of this draft is Tim Dobbins. But we did get someone to come in and back up starks and Langford so we have that. Un-freaking-real. Wait 3 hours to get a back up at one of our deepest positions.

I think Parcells and Ireland have decided this is their last year in Miami and they must be taking over the bills next year. They are ruining this draft so there will be less competition. That is the only way this pick makes sense to me.

On a brighter note, this will finally make people forget how horrible the Jason Allen and Ted Ginn 1st round blunders were. So at least we have that. Don't think I can even watch tomorrow. Time to get drunk....or drunker.

Back
Top Bottom