New England Patriots Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots Roster

Originally posted by NE Matt
By lately I meant the last sevens years Samphin.

The dophins and Indy win 9 times out of ten?

You are not trying to talk football (which Baz tellms me this forum is all about) just being a shameless homer. Sad

Lately is seven years? Well, I guess by your definition, the Pats have only played as a "team" for one of the last seven years as well right? Last year was the first year in 6 that the Dolphins haven't made the playoffs. Correct me if I am wrong but I could have sworn that making the playoffs consistantly usually means you have a pretty good, if not great team no?

Also, I should clarify since it it obvious you mistook what I meant by the 99 out of 100 comment. I was tlaking about that specific game ealrier this year where Olindo Mare missed two chip shots to put you guys away. What I meant if 99 times out of 100, given the same situation, he makes it. I guess I should revise that to 98 though since he did miss two.... :lol: Anyhow that was my point, not thta Miami would always beat New England. I know those concepts are hard for you Pats fans to understand but please, try to keep up.

Also, 1st and goal from the one with arguably the best offense in football in possesion? Tell me you weren't sweating it and I will show you a liar. Last year Miami did the exact same thing and each down my nuts were in my throat, so to speak. Call it luck, call it the breaks or whatever but you know as well as I do that New England is just skating by. Heck even the Texans had you guys beat if it weren't for a little bit of luck on your guys side. Luck only takes you so far though (in your case, it has taken you to a Super Bowl). You seem to be ready to count the Dolphins out which I hope and pray the team you root for does the same since it would undoubtedly come back to bite them in the arse.

P.S. Dolphins Homer? Really? Could have fooled me. The same could be said about you and the Patriots or any fan of any team. Of course you root for your team and talk them up. That is what fans do. Besides, I admit being a Homer in my avatar so there. :D

Thats what kills you guys and makes you so jealous. We don't have 9 pro bowlers on D and the best running back in the NFL.Yet our record is better than yours.That drives you up a wall. I read this board and the frustration is so thick you could cut it with a knife. In Bellichecks office is a sign that says (I'll paraphrase) "We are not collecting talent but building a team". Nice collection of name talent you guys got but not much of a team lately.

what have you been watching? must have been smokin that gonge.

Dude its high time we stop talking about how un-talented the Patriots are. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TALENT.

Richard Seymour? Would I take him over Jason Taylor? MAYBE. He's one of the best damn defensive linemen in the league bar none...whether it be at DT or DE. The guy is awesome. Willie McGinnest still has plenty ability left in him and so does Roman Phifer, both of which have played at pro bowl levels during the course of their careers depending on what coordinator was making use of what parts of their arsenal. Ty Law is every bit as good as Sam Madison is right now, and is ALMOST even with Patrick Surtain in my opinion...and Tyrone Poole may not be of that caliber but he's started a TON of games in this league. Teddy Bruschi always has been one of the most underrated linebackers in the league, a real playmaker if a bit undersized (gee I wonder if we can relate). Rodney Harrison...is he the best SS in the game? He might be. Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel just turned out to be EXCELLENT draft picks for NE too man along with Ty Warren who BTW among analysts who ACTUALLY KNOW FOOTBALL was one of the most impressive rookie DLs among all training camps.

On offense, Brady Brady Brady. Sorry, but he is good. I feel bad for all those people out there trying to close their eyes and pretend the guy is not good. He's everything you want in a QB. He has the leadership skills of Jay Fiedler, with a better arm and better downfield accuracy. He can make something out of nothing. When you have a QB of that caliber, most of the time your offense is never going to be very bad. Oh and did I mention he's got a pro bowl receiver to throw to in Troy Brown? Guess I musta forgot about that. And if their offensive line isn't exactly filled with household names...well, is ours? No...and NE's OL blocks a whole lot better than ours does to boot. Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham make a decent TE situation which, when effectively implemented by a good OC, can be almost as good as having a top 10-15 TE in the NFL.

Its high frickin time we stop talking about how UNTALENTED the Patriots are with this record of theirs because the bottom line is they walked into last year with some talent on that team and they underacheived a bit, went 9-7, and they did not LOSE anything on that team that they did not want to lose, Lawyer Milloy included (who was replaced by another living legend at SS, Harrison). Bottom line is from Day 1 of training camp the Dolphins talent has been overrated and people haven't been talking enough about the talent that the Patriots assembled, the team that was shaping up to be. I knew they'd be our #1 competition for the Division, not Buffalo or the Jets, even before Pennington suffered the injury.

The patriots have as much damn talent on that team as any team in the NFL, and with their defensive players at least, if they ever settled into a rigid system where they could settle down and allow the best playmakers to do it every week, you'd see pretty soon IMO that they've got plenty of potential pro bowlers in there.

Nice post ckparrothead.... I don't expect the guys on this board to be giving major props to the Patriots but a little bit of realism,pullese! It is unreal for a guy to post a Patriots roster and say "look at this-no talent"

Thats what kills you guys and makes you so jealous. We don't have 9 pro bowlers on D and the best running back in the NFL.Yet our record is better than yours.That drives you up a wall. I read this board and the frustration is so thick you could cut it with a knife. In Bellichecks office is a sign that says (I'll paraphrase) "We are not collecting talent but building a team". Nice collection of name talent you guys got but not much of a team lately.

Nah, this doesn't bother me at all. Actually, I have seen this all before and can't wait to see it again. We are looking at a re-run of the 2001 Bears Season when they went 13-3, got a bye and lost the first game of the playoffs!

I am just waiting to laugh last and even harder if it's the Dophins who knock 'em out!

Ricky Makes A Difference!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dude its high time we stop talking about how un-talented the Patriots are. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TALENT.

Richard Seymour? Would I take him over Jason Taylor? MAYBE. He's one of the best damn defensive linemen in the league bar none...whether it be at DT or DE. The guy is awesome. Willie McGinnest still has plenty ability left in him and so does Roman Phifer, both of which have played at pro bowl levels during the course of their careers depending on what coordinator was making use of what parts of their arsenal. Ty Law is every bit as good as Sam Madison is right now, and is ALMOST even with Patrick Surtain in my opinion...and Tyrone Poole may not be of that caliber but he's started a TON of games in this league. Teddy Bruschi always has been one of the most underrated linebackers in the league, a real playmaker if a bit undersized (gee I wonder if we can relate). Rodney Harrison...is he the best SS in the game? He might be. Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel just turned out to be EXCELLENT draft picks for NE too man along with Ty Warren who BTW among analysts who ACTUALLY KNOW FOOTBALL was one of the most impressive rookie DLs among all training camps.

On offense, Brady Brady Brady. Sorry, but he is good. I feel bad for all those people out there trying to close their eyes and pretend the guy is not good. He's everything you want in a QB. He has the leadership skills of Jay Fiedler, with a better arm and better downfield accuracy. He can make something out of nothing. When you have a QB of that caliber, most of the time your offense is never going to be very bad. Oh and did I mention he's got a pro bowl receiver to throw to in Troy Brown? Guess I musta forgot about that. And if their offensive line isn't exactly filled with household names...well, is ours? No...and NE's OL blocks a whole lot better than ours does to boot. Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham make a decent TE situation which, when effectively implemented by a good OC, can be almost as good as having a top 10-15 TE in the NFL.

Its high frickin time we stop talking about how UNTALENTED the Patriots are with this record of theirs because the bottom line is they walked into last year with some talent on that team and they underacheived a bit, went 9-7, and they did not LOSE anything on that team that they did not want to lose, Lawyer Milloy included (who was replaced by another living legend at SS, Harrison). Bottom line is from Day 1 of training camp the Dolphins talent has been overrated and people haven't been talking enough about the talent that the Patriots assembled, the team that was shaping up to be. I knew they'd be our #1 competition for the Division, not Buffalo or the Jets, even before Pennington suffered the injury.

The patriots have as much damn talent on that team as any team in the NFL, and with their defensive players at least, if they ever settled into a rigid system where they could settle down and allow the best playmakers to do it every week, you'd see pretty soon IMO that they've got plenty of potential pro bowlers in there.

Amazing post.

Buddy, I gotta gives props to you for giving us a little respect. Thanks man for recognizing we have a couple of good players.

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
Every time you look at that roster it looks more like a 7-9, 8-8 team.

get ALL the breaks and poof.....10-2.

You ever think that your(Dolphins) big name players aren't really big time players? Those players been there through 2-3 coaching staffs and have yet to do anything. Say it's the coaches but the players are the ones who actually play the game. I'll take our no name players over anyone on your Dolphins squad any day and yes that includes players like Taylor, Ricky and Zach. Why i say that because our players play as a team. No one is bigger then the team and they have chemistry. I wouldn't trade it for nothing, when your squad is bounced out of the playoffs *AGAIN* think about it.

Again, I have to agree with the closing sentiments in this thread. It's high time we STOP whining and START acknowledging. I'm really tired of seeing these kinds of threads popping up all over. I dislike the fact that they even remotely represent our fanbase.

The Patriots don't have all the name talent. But doggonit they are a damn good TEAM and ORGANIZATION. That's all I'll say because I've beat this thing to death.

Nobdy said they were a bad team. I in fact, think they are a good team. However, as some Dolphin fans need to realize that they are better than given credit for. Some people need to step back and look and realize that they aren't as good as their current record either. A couple of their wins were handed to them on a silver platter. In fact, we had the earlier game pretty much sowed up if it hadn't been for Mare turning into a Bills kicker one afternoon. Also, anytime the Colts have first and goal form the one and can't punch it in, you have to consider it a minor miracle. Not too mention that the Texans had them on the ropes the week before. This team is good but it can be beaten by anyone if they execute properly and don't beat themselves. Take away one or two of those "gimme" wins and they look about as good as us.

The miami game

The texans game

The broncos game

The Indy Game

The Browns game

THAT'S FIVE GAMES THE PATS SHOULD HAVE LOST....THAT IS THEIR TALENT LEVEL: 5-7

The miami game

The texans game

The broncos game

The Indy Game

The Browns game

THAT'S FIVE GAMES THE PATS SHOULD HAVE LOST....THAT IS THEIR TALENT LEVEL: 5-7

All I can say is "Any given Sunday."

The talent on all the teams is excellent (think about what it takes to just get to the NFL) but it's what kind of heart the team plays with and if they buy into what the coach is selling that makes or breaks them.

We're gonna kick @$$ this Sunday!

The patriots as a team are a better team than us, their record proves it and their team efford toward changing the clock in the last second is amazing.

Every time you look at that roster it looks more like a 7-9, 8-8 team.

get ALL the breaks and poof.....10-2.

Has it ever occurred to you that they are very well coached?
I.E. better prepared, play with more heart and believe in them selves more? You know, all those little "pointless" things that alot of good coaches do well in inspiring their players to do better. bUT, then again, things like that don't matter much. It's all just lucky breaks and in the cards i guess.

Back
Top Bottom