New England's Brady quotes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England's Brady quotes

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Man oh man I love this section of quotes!
----------------------------------------------

Tom Brady [news]. Hurried and jittery, Brady has succumbed to the pressure of the Dolphins defense as much as any Patriots player the past two years. In 2001, he was as bad as his team (12-of-24, 86 yards, four sacks, 58.7 rating) in a 30-10 blowout loss. Last season, he was only marginally better (17-of-31, 240 yards, three sacks, two touchdowns, two interceptions, 74.7 rating) in a 26-13 defeat.

Brady, who has been much steadier against Miami in Foxboro, knows the Dolphins' lightning-quick defense becomes even faster amid the heat and crowd noise of Pro Player.

``I think they take advantage of that snap count,'' Brady said. ``They've got good speed. There's no doubt about it. I remember coming off the field there a couple of years ago saying, `God, I don't think anyone is going to beat those guys.' And of course they come up here later and we beat them in the cold.''

Brady also suffers from the fact the Pats simply don't match up against the Dolphins offensively. At left tackle, Matt Light [news] has had big troubles with Dolphins end Jason Taylor. At receiver, the Pats' diminutive outside threats have been smothered by Miami shut-down corners Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.

And any running back the Pats trot out is not fast enough to outrun Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas (with the possible exception of Mike Cloud [news]).

Brady worries most about Madison and Surtain.

``They expect Jason to get to the quarterback and because of that, they're jumping routes, they're under-cutting routes, they're doing everything they can to intercept the ball,'' Brady said. ``They'll give up a hitch, but you have to be careful, because every time you throw they might take one back to the house.''

Brady said Madison and Surtain are helped by the fact the Dolphins play a well-disguised cover-2 scheme with deep help behind them.

``They call it man coverage, but they have a lot of help,'' Brady said. ``They use it and they use it well.''

---------------

Something to prove: Patriots look for a reversal of fortune
By Michael Felger
Thursday, October 16, 2003

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=81

Another report from their official site:

Injury news

The Patriots issued a slightly shorter, but still quite lengthy injury report that included 13 players on Wednesday. Fullback Larry Centers and safety Je'Rod Cherry were new additions to the list, while running backs Kevin Faulk and Fred McCrary and receiver David Givens made it off the list from the previous week. Ted Johnson (foot) and Ted Washington (leg) are still listed as out. Centers (knee), Adrian Klemm (ankle) and Mike Vrabel (arm) are doubtful. Deion Branch (ankle), Cherry (knee), Daniel Graham (shoulder), Ty Law (ankle), Willie McGinest (neck), David Patten (knee) and Antowain Smith (shoulder) are all listed as questionable. Tom Brady remains probable with his arm injury.

Johnson, Washington, Klemm, Centers, Law, McGinest, Branch and Cherry all missed practice action on Wednesday, although Johnson seems to be taking steps in the right direction in his recovery from his broken foot. The middle linebacker was walking through the locker room without a cast, without crutches and with no noticeable limp. Vrabel also appears to be on the right track as he not only practiced, but also had no cast on his recovering broken left arm in the locker room.

The Dolphins list 11 players on the injury report for Sunday's game in Miami. Tackle Mark Dixon (ankle) and fullback Rob Konrad (knee) are both doubtful. Defensive tackle Tim Bowens (hand) and linebacker Junior Seau (hamstring) are listed as questionable. Quarterback Jay Fiedler (calf), safety Trent Gamble (quad), safety Brock Marion (ankle), defensive end Adewale Ogunleye (hip), defensive end Jason Taylor (quad), linebacker Zach Thomas (foot) and safety Shawn Wooden (ankle) are all listed as probable.

http://flash.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=25815&type=general

Jay Injuried??!?! Did I miss something?

BTW - I hate Brady most overrated QB out there, well besides for . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MacAttack
Jay Injuried??!?! Did I miss something?

BTW - I hate Brady most overrated QB out there, well besides for . . . .

Not as overrated as Kurt Warner. No one ever called Brady "arguably the greatest passer of our generation." But then again, I'm not sure how many people still think Kurt Warner is any good. He was a pretty good passer for three years, but not nearly as good as a lot of people said he was. I think even Fiedler could put up huge numbers in the offense Warner had.

At receiver, the Pats' diminutive outside threats have been smothered by Miami shut-down corners Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.

:D

Crowd better be rocking for the Pats game. I won't be there :(

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Not as overrated as Kurt Warner. No one ever called Brady "arguably the greatest passer of our generation." But then again, I'm not sure how many people still think Kurt Warner is any good. He was a pretty good passer for three years, but not nearly as good as a lot of people said he was. I think even Fiedler could put up huge numbers in the offense Warner had.

Kurt Warner will be in the record books for a long time. He is by far the most accurate passer I've ever seen. More so than even Montana. Whether he still has his stuff is anyone's guess. We probably won't find out this year.

Over hyped, yes. Overrated, no.

Brady, on the other hand, could not hold a candle to the man he supplanted in NE. Bledsoe is not on my short list of great QB's but Brady would never make my long list.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak

Brady, on the other hand, could not hold a candle to the man he supplanted in NE. Bledsoe is not on my short list of great QB's but Brady would never make my long list.
[/QUOT]

Ouccccch! :D

Back
Top Bottom