New FB onboard? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New FB onboard?

Chisel Monkey

See Nick Run,Run Nick Run
Reaction score
Dolphins | Obafemi Coming Aboard? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:59 PT: The Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to sign free agent FB Obafemi Ayanbadejo (Ravens) on Tuesday.

Somebody que me in...why are we signing him again..I just want to be clear, is there a problem at FB that we're not aware of..???????scatching my head in MD.

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
Dolphins | Obafemi Coming Aboard? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:59 PT: The Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to sign free agent FB Obafemi Ayanbadejo (Ravens) on Tuesday.
agreed :confused:

I thought releasing Kaplinski was a signal we were all set at FB

Well I know the story on Ayanbadejo, however I still can't tell you why we'd be interested in him. I can speculate though but I don't think you or I would like the implications...

Ayanbadejo is not so much of a blocker as he is a runner and pass catcher. He's versatile. And in the Norv offense versatile FBs are a plus. The implication that neight you or I will like about this is...

It could mean Deon Dyer is released or traded shortly.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I know the story on Ayanbadejo, however I still can't tell you why we'd be interested in him. I can speculate though but I don't think you or I would like the implications...

Ayanbadejo is not so much of a blocker as he is a runner and pass catcher. He's versatile. And in the Norv offense versatile FBs are a plus. The implication that neight you or I will like about this is...

That`s what I was thinking. I don`t like the thought of that.

The money would be better spent elsewhere in my opinion...per haps there is a lingering doubt about the abilities of our 2 fb's...I certainly like the way deon blocks ..but he doesnt seem to bring much more than that although i have heard he was working hard on his pass catching skills...Konrad well where do we start ..every year we are told he will be more of the offense and every year it just doesnt seem to happen I am really hnot aware of the kinda blocker he is but he didnt run it well when given the chance and he seems alfully slow on swing passes ... maybe they see something in this new guy that they dont in these two ..a good blocker ,runner and passcatcher ? Making him a better fit for norvs offense? may also be a money issue as i believe konrad makes a pretty penny for a guy who just hasn't shown much...YET. This is his year to totally sink or swim.....

Another thought is that the only 2 FBs on the roster are free agents after this year (Rob - Unrestricted and Deon - Restricted). This may be an attempt to provide more options in addressing the FB position in 2003.

Wow... that came out of left field!

Who would have thought they were lookin at FBs with this $$ surplus? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Dave's office to hear what he and Norv are plotting...

Originally posted by badfoot
The money would be better spent elsewhere in my opinion...per haps there is a lingering doubt about the abilities of our 2 fb's...I certainly like the way deon blocks ..but he doesnt seem to bring much more than that although i have heard he was working hard on his pass catching skills...Konrad well where do we start ..every year we are told he will be more of the offense and every year it just doesnt seem to happen I am really hnot aware of the kinda blocker he is but he didnt run it well when given the chance and he seems alfully slow on swing passes ... maybe they see something in this new guy that they dont in these two ..a good blocker ,runner and passcatcher ? Making him a better fit for norvs offense? may also be a money issue as i believe konrad makes a pretty penny for a guy who just hasn't shown much...YET. This is his year to totally sink or swim.....

It has nothing to do with our Fullbacks..It just to provide more depth behind konrad and Deon...Ayanbadejo will have to impress coahes in special in order for him ot be on the active roster.Remeber konrad is always injured and if he something were to happen to reliable Dyer there no one to back him up...

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Here's the story in the Sun-Sentinel

Dolphins may sign ex-Ravens fullback Ayanbadejo today

Yeah seriously WharfRat. I guess they could be thinking about the future at the FB position but in the meantime is there any chance we'd roster 3 fullbacks just so that we're ok in 2003?

He's a lot like Rob Konrad. I wouldn't criticize Konrad himself for not producing because its kinda hard when you're not given the chance. The talk we kept hearing about getting Konrad involved was just lipservice because the bottom line was that Chan Gailey just did not have the plays in the playbook. We haven't made any kind of real attempt to get him the ball often on receiving or on run plays. Ayanbadejo has already done in Baltimore what we're going to be trying to do with Konrad. So perhaps he's just camp insurance. Dyer stays for his devastating blocking ability, and the guy with the better all-around game stays...Konrad or Ayanbadejo. They are quite comparable in talent.

Yeah I was just gonna post that. Looks like he's training camp fodder unless he shows himself to be better than Konrad. Couldn't see him replacing Dyer because they have different job descriptions attached to their skill sets.

Back
Top Bottom