New Feeley notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Feeley notes

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
From MMQ at cnnsi-

A TWO-PARTER ABOUT PASSERS. From Mike Dixon of San Angelo, Texas: "I'm an old Dolphins fan and I'm worried about their quarterback situation. A.J. Feeley can't be ready to start in the NFL. How do you think Jeff Garcia would fit_in Miami? I'm also interested_to know if you think there has been a run of three consecutive quarterbacks as good as Montana-Young-Garcia?''

Re: Feeley ... The man won four straight games with the Eagles in 2002 (beating St. Louis, Seattle, Washington and Dallas) , and lost the fifth only when his kicker missed a gimme against the Giants to end the season._It was Feeley's play as a starting quarterback in big games that clinched home-field advantage for the Eagles down the stretch of that season. Truthfully, once Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey were out of the mix, and the Dolphins still weren't certain_that Garcia was going to be freed up by the 49ers or that Feeley wouldn't end up going somewhere else,_bringing in the latter_was the best decision Miami could have made.

His wins sound a little more important then "the defense won the games against losing teams" argument I've read a few times.

Just thought I'd pass it along from the email bag- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/03/05/mmqb/index.html

Has anyone ever broken down those games?

St. Louis Win 10-3

Only TD was an INT return

at NY Giants Loss (OT) 7-10

That's right...the loss to the Giants was after an amazing 7 point effort. On a 20 yard WR reverse rushing TD BTW.

The other three games he played much better...but did throw at least one INT in every single one of them. He also threw an INT in the OT loss to NY.

Yeah their Wide Recievers SUCK.

I'm not blaming Feeley. I was just wondering how those games played out since everyone kept talking about them.

He did throw a lot of INT's...but there's no way to know who's fault those were now.

I think Feeley will be a good QB.

My inclination is to think that Feeley will probably be a slight if not medium upgrade over Fiedler. However, I also don't think he will light the league on fire. Really, he doesn't have to if Chambers, McMicheal and Ricky continue to do their thing. I am concerned about the INT's but as Spikes said, I don't know whose fault those were. A reciever could have ran a wrong route or they could have been tipped or flat out bad decisions.

Whatever the case, I am willing to give the guy a chance and will be behind him if he is our starter.

well it did seem like alot of fiedlers int's could have been avoided if our recievers put a little more effort into trying to disrupt the play. hopefully the new recievers we get will be a little more aggresive

Originally posted by Spikes
That's right...the loss to the Giants was after an amazing 7 point effort. On a 20 yard WR reverse rushing TD BTW.
That was a great play :D

Back
Top Bottom