New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.)

definitely going to take time to get used to. So If I follow someone, If they post something I will get notified??

You can also follow certain threads and get a notification everytime someone posts in it

Looks like Arsenal Mania now. That's a good thing.

Way better on mobile. Great job, guys.

I personally never had a problem on mobile before, liked the old format.. but I'll give this a chance. So signatures arent a thing anymore?

I am not sure if you know this, @Henrik, but you'll have the ability to add a counter to the "new post" link. This will wreck havoc for this with OCD (like myself), but I find it helpful knowing the amount of posts yet to read. The screenshot below is from another sports club forum I visit.

upload_2017-5-9_8-40-22.png

Back in August, in the Suggestions section I was asking for these capabilities as follows. To @Wildbill3 's credit, he gave notifications the old college try but unfortunately the result on vbulletin was cumbersome and created even more demand on bandwidth. Xenforo is definitely the way to go. Props to @Henrik and Bill :up:

The Ability To Receive Notifications When A Poster Responds Directly To Your Post
I'm on several non-sports related forums and appreciate the fact that I get alerted whenever someone replies to my posts.

I believe all of those forums use Xenforo, so I'm not sure VBulletin even has this capability. Nor do I know if this would create more backoffice "work" than does the "Likes" notification. Doesn't seem so in the Xenforo forums I'm on. :idk:

Anyway, IMO this would be a nice feature if feasible. Your thoughts?

Is it just me that gets

"
FinHeaven - Error
The requested page could not be found."

When you try to open www.finheaven.com on a pc? Works perfectly on my phone! Tho I am writing this on my PC so it is possible to get around the error
My guess this is your computer history that directs your to /content.php instead of just Finheaven.com. I'll add a redirect for it

quoted me just now* I can't edit my post right now, but that's to be expected with an upgrade.

I am still working out some of the kinks. Please let me know what else seems to be acting up so that I can fix it.

I am still working out some of the kinks. Please let me know what else seems to be acting up so that I can fix it.

at least for me, there's no "edit" link and the smiley codes aren't yet working :idk: LOL But this is Terrific with a capital "T" !!!

Is it just me that gets

"
FinHeaven - Error
The requested page could not be found."

When you try to open www.finheaven.com on a pc? Works perfectly on my phone! Tho I am writing this on my PC so it is possible to get around the error
Yeah. I am getting the same thing as well. Works fine on mobile but I have to change it to display new posts in order to see any threads. I can't see the forums themselves on a PC.

at least for me, there's no "edit" link and the smiley codes aren't yet working :idk: LOL But this is Terrific with a capital "T" !!!
There are standard smilies that you can access by clicking the smiley icon on the top of your post. Once @Wildbill3 gets the new look/design loaded we will add up some more smileys ;)

Yeah. I am getting the same thing as well. Works fine on mobile but I have to change it to display new posts in order to see any threads. I can't see the forums themselves on a PC.

Using the notifcations I can open this thread on pc from the error screen which then allows me to see the main dolphins section but nothing else.

I also cant open the staff forum on my phone. Assume henrik and bill are aware of these issues...just mentioning incase it is just me

Back
Top Bottom