New FOXsports Dolphins analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New FOXsports Dolphins analysis

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?categoryId=67052

"HONING THEIR GAMES:Vernon Carey, the team's first-round pick in 2004, has been working at all of the offensive line position, not just left tackle. The point for Carey is for him to be comfortable in multiple positions and be ready when training camp starts. Although Carey will be given a shot at left tackle, he could end up at right guard as well or even right tackles. A big part of Carey's problem last season was knowing his assignments down pat. The coaches had to simplify the plan when he played so that he would be functional. Now, Carey is expected to be ready no matter what the circumstance."

"LINEBACKER ANALYSIS: GRADE B-plus Although there is a lot of age between Junior Seau and Zach Thomas, the key in the new defensive scheme will be intelligence and both of those guys have plenty of that. Donnie Spragen is a nice later bloomer and rookie Channing Crowder could be a find. In a 3-4, Jason Taylor could be an awesome OLB."

Good read. Thanks for the article dude.

"LINEBACKER ANALYSIS: GRADE B-plus Although there is a lot of age between Junior Seau and Zach Thomas, the key in the new defensive scheme will be intelligence and both of those guys have plenty of that. Donnie Spragen is a nice later bloomer and rookie Channing Crowder could be a find. In a 3-4, Jason Taylor could be an awesome OLB."
:yes:

Fifth-round pick LT Anthony Alabi is every bit the project the Dolphins considered him to be when they took him. Alabi is a terrific athlete, but he looks more like a tight end right now than an offensive tackle. Alabi needs to put on a good 20 pounds to be ready to handle the rigors of playing in the NFL, let alone at left tackle.

Wasn't he weighed at 310lbs when he was drafted?

Players at listed at different weights all the time, he is not 310 lbs. on a functional basis that's for sure. You could it in his frame.

He needs to gain serious weight in his upper body to ever make it as an NFL lineman.

5th round developmental guy who will be on the PSquad as of now. Maybe Houck can develop him.

PhinsTD said:
Players at listed at different weights all the time, he is not 310 lbs. on a functional basis that's for sure. You could it in his frame.

That was his combine weight though.

I don't think we are counting on Alabi. Remember, this is a pet project for Houck. He was the only pro O-line coach to watch his workout day. He wanted this kid so he can develop him for the future. Keyword here is future. We have some shorter term solutions in place. This is strictly a low risk high rewards type of thing.

Samphin said:
I don't think we are counting on Alabi. Remember, this is a pet project for Houck. He was the only pro O-line coach to watch his workout day. He wanted this kid so he can develop him for the future. Keyword here is future. We have some shorter term solutions in place. This is strictly a low risk high rewards type of thing.

The odd thing is though that CNN had him as an "early 5th" for being picked. Pretty astute work on their part :) The other weird thing is that they all thought he had good size then.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/61669.html

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

It was interesting to see their opinion of our offensive line depth chart ... are they basing that on heresay, where they played in the OTA, or just throwing it out there not really knowing what it might be?

Starting Oline

LT Damion Mcintosh
LG Jeno James
C Rex Hadnot
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar Mcdougle

Buddwalk said:
Starting Oline

LT Damion Mcintosh
LG Jeno James
C Rex Hadnot
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar Mcdougle

Looks good to me, thrown in who you want at Center.

Buddwalk said:
Starting Oline

LT Damion Mcintosh
LG Jeno James
C Rex Hadnot
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar Mcdougle
I tthink htta is the way it will and should end up. Does Houck like to rotate guys in and out throughout the game, or does he stick with the same 5? I like out depth here too with Smith, St.claire, Alabi, and Cook. I really think the Oline could end up being a strong point midway though and very servicable in the beginning..

thats the line i want, and i would be happy with if we went into the season with

Back
Top Bottom