New Guy Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Guy Thoughts

Turnaround 06

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey,

Went to the Jets game and wanted to share thoughts from that game:

Pennington has no arm. He looked like he was punting the ball to his WR's Playing off his WR's so much was an bad coaching move and/or an indictment of how bad our DB's are.

Reggie Howard is awful on specials and worse in the base defense. Slow, small and unaggressive. Perhaps the second worst move in Spielman's pitiful short lived run as GM.

Seau is vastly over-rated. He routinely over-runs plays and shoots the wrong gaps leaving his area wide open. Crowder should be the guy in there on 3rd downs. I counted at least 4 times where plays were run to his side for huge gains on third downs. For every good play he makes he gives up 4 or 5.

Chambers and Brown have to stop the "I have to let the game come to me" nonsense. Its time for both to take over games. I was always a Chambers supporter but he's at the stage of his career where he HAS to make plays on an older, dinged up Ty law. Has to.

The O-line will get better. There is some talent there. Someone, though, tell me why we had to have Vernon Carey.

Turnaround 06 said:
Hey,

Went to the Jets game and wanted to share thoughts from that game:

Pennington has no arm. He looked like he was punting the ball to his WR's Playing off his WR's so much was an bad coaching move and/or an indictment of how bad our DB's are.

Reggie Howard is awful on specials and worse in the base defense. Slow, small and unaggressive. Perhaps the second worst move in Spielman's pitiful short lived run as GM.

Seau is vastly over-rated. He routinely over-runs plays and shoots the wrong gaps leaving his area wide open. Crowder should be the guy in there on 3rd downs. I counted at least 4 times where plays were run to his side for huge gains on third downs. For every good play he makes he gives up 4 or 5.

Chambers and Brown have to stop the "I have to let the game come to me" nonsense. Its time for both to take over games. I was always a Chambers supporter but he's at the stage of his career where he HAS to make plays on an older, dinged up Ty law. Has to.

The O-line will get better. There is some talent there. Someone, though, tell me why we had to have Vernon Carey.

I agree with you except on the comment about vernon carey. He is good and with good coaching he will only get better.

I dont know how you can call Seau over rated when no one is going around spewing that he's an amazing LB anymore. He is clearly over the hill but is still a serviceable guy and a leader who makes tackles but does have a tendancy to over run. But you make some good points, i agree with the Chambers and Brown thing, i am tired of having to wait for the game to come to them, especially Chambers who is in his 5th year. Howard i understood at the time because he was a quality 3rd corner, but he's clearly not a 2nd corner and should not be playing on this defense, i dont know what they were thinking when they just decided to bump him up but it aint working.

I disagree with the comments on Seau and Mt. Vernon. Vernon played great in preseason and he will be an anchor on our line for years to come.

I love Seau's ability to destroy a run play. He has a sixth sense as to where to go right when the ball snaps to get in the backfield. Even if he doesn't make the tackle for a loss, he will make the RB change direction, slowing him down and making the play develop a lot slower.

Also did you see the sack Seau had on Pennington? He completely bull rushed right through the lineman to drill the QB.

You make some fairly good points, but I don't agree with the Vernon Carey trashing. With the right coaching, which he is now getting, he will be an excelent lineman for years to come. I also thought the coaches made some peculiar calls in the game. Hopefully that will get worked out and soon.

Back
Top Bottom