New head coach candidates | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New head coach candidates

Ken Dorsey if all goes to ****.

Miami guy, brilliant, former QB who knows offense. Actually I want the Canes to hire him but ill take him here too.

I like Ken Dorsey a lot, and he has experience as a coach, a scout, and an administrator (at FIU of all places). I think Ken Dorsey is extremely intelligent and knows a lot about football. I do think he's head coaching material, he's got the brains for it.

However, he is not qualified to be a head coach right now. He's qualified to be an offensive coordinator and then, once he proves he can handle full responsibility for a core unit, he should be considered for head coaching positions.

Under normal circumstances, I'm the kind of guy who would be OK with rolling the dice on someone with his resume, but we've gone full retard in the Dolphins organization and we can't afford another dumb hire.

Whoever it is, please make it an offensive guy. If we’re going to lose at least let us go down in style.

I like Ken Dorsey a lot, and he has experience as a coach, a scout, and an administrator (at FIU of all places). I think Ken Dorsey is extremely intelligent and knows a lot about football. I do think he's head coaching material, he's got the brains for it.

However, he is not qualified to be a head coach right now. He's qualified to be an offensive coordinator and then, once he proves he can handle full responsibility for a core unit, he should be considered for head coaching positions.

Under normal circumstances, I'm the kind of guy who would be OK with rolling the dice on someone with his resume, but we've gone full retard in the Dolphins organization and we can't afford another dumb hire.

I'm personally of the opinion that how someone does as a coordinator really has little impact on their HC success, but I understand thinking he's too raw. I think he's raw too, but I still think he'd be a great hire because his football IQ is pretty high.

I'm personally of the opinion that how someone does as a coordinator really has little impact on their HC success, but I understand thinking he's too raw. I think he's raw too, but I still think he'd be a great hire because his football IQ is pretty high.

It's about preparing someone for responsibility. Brian Flores was never prepared for responsibility and the results have been disastrous. He can't manage subordinates or run a staff. He went from being the guy at the bottom of the coaching hierarchy (Belichick's assistant) to the guy at the top of the hierarchy, and the results have been awful.

When someone gets a job as a coordinator, they're gaining authority, a subordinate hierarchy, and organizational responsibilities, but they're still working at the pleasure of the head coach. They are still taking direction and executing a plan set by the head coach. They are not responsible for hiring and firing decisions, they can still maintain camaraderie with the rest of the hierarchy, etc.

Given what's just happened, the Dolphins need to hire someone who is ready for that ultimate authority, and not a guy whose previous management experience consists of sitting in the back of the classroom eating boogers.

I don't believe we will change HC this season. If we do, I've heard some great suggestions from those on here. I think an offensive mind that has proven it would be great. I like Leftwich and Joe Brady. I really like Brady. He's got the "it" factor and the players really seem to like him. He's also proven it on multiple levels. The job he did with Joe Burrow at LSU was unbelievable. He took a middling, late-round QB and turned him into a polished pro-ready guy that went #1 overall. I'm aware that the work of Burrow was a bigger factor, but a great job nonetheless.

Daboll as HC and he can bring Dorsey with him as OC....

These two work together now and know each other well. This also takes a rivals OC and his potential replacement.

Bring in an experienced DC, and get to work.

It's about preparing someone for responsibility. Brian Flores was never prepared for responsibility and the results have been disastrous. He can't manage subordinates or run a staff. He went from being the guy at the bottom of the coaching hierarchy (Belichick's assistant) to the guy at the top of the hierarchy, and the results have been awful.

When someone gets a job as a coordinator, they're gaining authority, a subordinate hierarchy, and organizational responsibilities, but they're still working at the pleasure of the head coach. They are still taking direction and executing a plan set by the head coach. They are not responsible for hiring and firing decisions, they can still maintain camaraderie with the rest of the hierarchy, etc.

Given what's just happened, the Dolphins need to hire someone who is ready for that ultimate authority, and not a guy whose previous management experience consists of sitting in the back of the classroom eating boogers.
Yes and no.

I think that even after someone has had a coordinator position, the odds are still against them succeeding as a head coach in the NFL. A new head coach may need 5 years to figure himself out. It's rare that a first time head coach shows up and just does the job extremely well. Even then the coach has to have the right players. It's just complex.

And that's why I want Miami to get out of the market for first time head coaches. I would rather hire someone out of college than hire an NFL coordinator. I'll take a head coach who has lost a job but showed some real promise in his previous gig.

But whoever it is we are going to go with, we need to be sure and hire everyone that will work in perfect conjunction with them. Pete Carroll and his GM had a unified vision that put the right players in place for them. I want that in Miami.

Ross should hire Gruden as executive assistant of communications to get him onboard. Lol

That would truly show everyone how clueless Ross is.

Regardless of who is picked for the next head coach, it will be the wrong person as long as Ross is the owner. Ross would probably pick Urban Meyer after Jacksonville fires him. There are better clubs in Miami than Ohio lol.

That would truly show everyone how clueless Ross is.

Regardless of who is picked for the next head coach, it will be the wrong person as long as Ross is the owner. Ross would probably pick Urban Meyer after Jacksonville fires him. There are better clubs in Miami than Ohio lol.
It was meant as sarcasm, but with Ross, the ideas are probably floating in his inner sanctum

It was meant as sarcasm, but with Ross, the ideas are probably floating in his inner sanctum

It really sucks because he's actually the coach I wanted here or at UM and someone I respected greatly. Now, he's never going to have a job again because he's an idiot who not only said horrible things but was stupid enough to put it in writing.

Back
Top Bottom