New head coach will be from the offensive side of the ball!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New head coach will be from the offensive side of the ball!!!!

JackHammer

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The signing of Capers to be DC with a 2.5 million annually for three years tells me the new head coach will be on the offensive side of the ball. You dont hire a defensive minded coach and tell him he has to run Dom Capers's defense. I think this seals the deal for Marty's kiid or Cam Cameron. JMHO

The signing of Capers to be DC with a 2.5 million annually for three years tells me the new head coach will be on the offensive side of the ball. You dont hire a defensive minded coach and tell him he has to run Dom Capers's defense. I think this seals the deal for Marty's kiid or Cam Cameron. JMHO

DONT FORGET MIKE MARTZ!

Sure does look like they are getting everything in place for Cameron.

Possibly, but Tomlin is still scheduled to interview Monday and I don't think they'd waste everyone's time if having an offensive head coach was written in stone.

They might have an offensive coordinator in mind. I just hope it's not Mularkey.

Sure does look like they are getting everything in place for Cameron.

how so? Its seems more like that Brian Schottenheimer is the front-runner from all the reports in the media.

I dont think Martz is one of the finalists (:woot:); i believe the finalists are Tomlin, Schottenheimer, Cameron, Gailey, and Wisenhunt

how so? Its seems more like that Brian Schottenheimer is the front-runner from all the reports in the media.

Well from what i've heard Cameron is the front runner and if he isn't available we might end up hiring Schott or Tomlin but in the process we would be hiring a HC a couple years early so Huizenga preferred Cameron.

Reason I think they are prepping for Cameron is because, Schotty and Tomlin are both available already so why would they lock Capers into a 3 year deal before hiring one of those two?

Well from what i've heard Cameron is the front runner and if he isn't available we might end up hiring Schott or Tomlin but in the process we would be hiring a HC a couple years early so Huizenga preferred Cameron.

Reason I think they are prepping for Cameron is because, Schotty and Tomlin are both available already so why would they lock Capers into a 3 year deal before hiring one of those two?

A good point, but I do believe that Wayne will not wait around for Cameron especially if the Pats loose tomorrow.

A good point, but I do believe that Wayne will not wait around for Cameron especially if the Pats loose tomorrow.

I was thinking that as well before but now that they have locked Capers into a deal I am thinking it is because they have made up thier mind and are going to wait it out. I don't see any reason for signing a deal with Capers if the current HC candidate was available to be hired it just doesn't make sense to me. I guess we will find out in time who is right though! :lol:

Absolute no brainer. The coach is going to have an offensive background.

Therefore, that means Cam Cameron, Brian Schottenheimer, Mike Martz, Ron Turner (both I sincerely discount) Ken Whisenhunt (who seems not to be too hot right now) and dare I say Chan Gailey.

Back
Top Bottom