New logo wooden plaque buddy made me. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New logo wooden plaque buddy made me.

That looks so good.
Has to be computer based CNC work to get that detail. No way that's all hand made? Beautiful, but not hand made?
If it was handmade, 3 figures would be to little for it.

I would buy one at that fantastic price. Cheap for that high quality work. Regardless of the production method.

That looks so good.
Has to be computer based CNC work to get that detail. No way that's all hand made? Beautiful, but not hand made?
If it was handmade, 3 figures would be to little for it.

I would buy one at that fantastic price. Cheap for that high quality work. Regardless of the production method.

Why can't that be made by hand? Believe it or not, before computers, people used to be that good with hand tools. And in a lot of cases better than that. That could easily be done with a speed controlled jigsaw. They are just shapes. Cut them out and put them together.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

I found this one in Pueblo about a year ago. Paid 20.00 for it and it was hand made.

Attachments

• miami.jpg
    miami.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 83
I found this one in Pueblo about a year ago. Paid 20.00 for it and it was hand made.

That is made by the Wood Peddler. I saw that at the Wild Wild West Festival this year. He said he has the new logo but was trying to get the bold ones sold. As soon as I have some money I want to go down and get both.

Thats awesome! I'd potentially buy one for that much in the future

That is made by the Wood Peddler. I saw that at the Wild Wild West Festival this year. He said he has the new logo but was trying to get the bold ones sold. As soon as I have some money I want to go down and get both.

Let me know when you are going to buy the new one and I will send you some cash to pick me up one as well if you don't mind.

I have to rely on automated routers that create cool pieces like that Fin Logo. Your friend is very talented if he is doing them by hand.

Good stuff... thanks for sharing.

Why can't that be made by hand? Believe it or not, before computers, people used to be that good with hand tools. And in a lot of cases better than that. That could easily be done with a speed controlled jigsaw. They are just shapes. Cut them out and put them together.

Because it looks like it was done with a machine. And to only want a little over $200, I would bet its done with a machine.
There is much much more than a special jig saw as you call it required to make those shapes. The tolerances are very tight.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with CNC machine work. Someone has to program the machine and know how to set it up.
After that, you can make hundreds or thousands exactly the same.
This is the internet after all.

I have to rely on automated routers that create cool pieces like that Fin Logo. Your friend is very talented if he is doing them by hand.
Good stuff... thanks for sharing.

Yes. very talented and is willing to part with it for around $200. That does not make sense for hand made.
It looks like it was made in a cabinet shop.
A cabinet shop with programmable CNC woodworking machines.

Back
Top Bottom