2nd-Coby Fleener TE Stanford
3rd-Trumaine Johnson CB Montana
5th-Nate Protter OT Boise St.
6th-Andrew Datko OT Florida St.
7th-Winston Guy SS Kentucky

WitheringPlant

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
2 1sts a 2nd and a 4th to move up for Blackmon? That's a good way to get fired.

next-year

MostHated
Reaction score
another 1st and we might be able to get luck haha

Armglocks33

Snoochies Boochies little Noochies
Reaction score
dont think we should trade for blackmon. i say we trade back a few and pick up michael floyd, i really do think he'll be the better pro

LANGER72

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
Paying double for anyone other than a bonafide NFL star is bad business.

I like Blackmon, but he has to fall to us.

I hope we can chose from Blackmon / Richardson / Clarborne with our 8/9 pick.

I hope there will be a run on QB's and OL before we select.

sinPHIN

Starter
Reaction score
there is no way i trade up for blackmon. he is great and i wish we could get him, but no way. trade down and pick up floyd if we take a wr in the first. i like the fleener pick.

Gonzo

Who dat?
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Trading all those picks for a WR? Thank god this will never, ever, ever happen. Not even Jeff Ireland would do that.

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I'd trade up for a QB but not a WR....that is like buying a Ferrari without an engine. Whose going to throw it to Blackmon? If we had our franchise QB in place it would be different. I like Kendall Wright, Floyd, and Sanu of Rutgers....we could probably trade down and get a quality starter and then pick up a WR after this, or with our 42nd pick (2nd rounder).

I really like Sanu...check out this catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lMqem_IgX4

PSU Cane

Starter
Reaction score
Whatever you are drinking or smokin' you need to share! For Blackmon? Really? Right now we have nothing that makes me warm and fuzzy that we'll be a good team next year. There's no guarantee with what's coming in FA that we'll be able to get a QB or OLine. And if we are mediocre again next season, you're willing to give up the 1st and 2nd round picks? For a WR no less?? That would set us back another 3-4 years and the new staff would never make it through.

dtjp17

Active Roster
Reaction score
dont think we should trade for blackmon. i say we trade back a few and pick up michael floyd, i really do think he'll be the better pro
agreed and we can acquire another 2nd floyd,fleener,the g/t from wisconsin

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Whatever you are drinking or smokin' you need to share! For Blackmon? Really? Right now we have nothing that makes me warm and fuzzy that we'll be a good team next year. There's no guarantee with what's coming in FA that we'll be able to get a QB or OLine. And if we are mediocre again next season, you're willing to give up the 1st and 2nd round picks? For a WR no less?? That would set us back another 3-4 years and the new staff would never make it through.
My mock is based on if we grab those free agents I mentioned. If we grab those guys then I honestly think we can afford trading up to grab another playmaker.

Gonzo

Who dat?
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
My mock is based on if we grab those free agents I mentioned. If we grab those guys then I honestly think we can afford trading up to grab another playmaker.
Still wouldn't. Mortgaging the future for a QB is one thing. For a WR? I can't think of anything worse.

Top Bottom