TE Joe Munson(Troy)
DE George Lewis(Iowa)
DE Van Brown(Northeast Oklahoma)
DE John Denney(BYU)
DT Matt ***a(Hawaii)
DT Orrin Thompson(Duke)
LB Lionel Turner(LSU)
CB Shirdonya Mitchell(Missouri)
S Mitch Meeuwsen(Oregon State) how many do you think will make the team plus on drafted ones will all them make the team too

The ones I think have the best chance are Meeuwsen, Harris and Holmes. I'll predict now that those 3 make the final roster. :)
Shird Mitchell will be placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List, which is the same status that Ogunleye was in his first year with the team.
BTW, I don't know why everyone is listing Lewis as an end. He goes barely 6' tall and about 230 lbs. He is a LB all the way. He was Iowa's MLB last year, his one season as a starter.

bwallen said:
QB Brock Berlin(Miami)
RB Kay Jay Harris(West Virginia)
WR Josh Davis(Marshall)
WR Tony Madison(Kansas State)
TE Alex Holmes(USC)
TE Victor Sesay(Missouri)
TE Joe Munson(Troy)
DE George Lewis(Iowa)
DE John Denney(BYU)
DT Matt ***a(Hawaii)
DT Orrin Thompson(Duke)
LB Lionel Turner(LSU)
S Mitch Meeuwsen(Oregon State) how many do you think will make the team plus on drafted ones will all them make the team too
I think Meeuwsen and Harris have good chances. Meeuwsen is a very underrated player. I think people overlooked him due to him being really just a FS. Teams like guys who can move from both FS and SS. But this kid is extremely smart and understands his assignments. He's also very aggressive when the ball is in the air. As for Harris. If he can stay healthy during camp and perseason he could stick. Hes a bull and would compliment Ronnie Brown very well. As for the others I wouldnt be shocked if Turner made it. Saban loves him, and I think I've read before that he was Sabans favorite player. Other than that Van Brown and Alex Holmes intrigue me. Linehan uses a lot of 2 TE packages so they may keep 4 this year. He's a very good blocker, and is good in the redzone. Realistically 1 maybe 2 may actually stick, but this is a new coach and he may want to get his "own" players in there. But these are the ones that I think have the best shot.

Harris, Holmes, and George Lewis. Brock should be kept around so people could backslap him every now and then.

I'd like to see Brock Berlin shock some people and make the team. I do not have enough confidence in our current crop and would love to see a guy like Brock come in and shake things up.

bwallen said:
QB Brock Berlin(Miami)
RB Kay Jay Harris(West Virginia)
WR Josh Davis(Marshall)
WR Tony Madison(Kansas State)
TE Alex Holmes(USC)
TE Victor Sesay(Missouri)
TE Joe Munson(Troy)
DE George Lewis(Iowa)
DE John Denney(BYU)
DT Matt ***a(Hawaii)
DT Orrin Thompson(Duke)
LB Lionel Turner(LSU)
I just updated the list on the front page. Two new additions.

MrClean said:
The ones I think have the best chance are Meeuwsen, Harris and Holmes. I'll predict now that those 3 make the final roster. :)
Shird Mitchell will be placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List, which is the same status that Ogunleye was in his first year with the team.
BTW, I don't know why everyone is listing Lewis as an end. He goes barely 6' tall and about 230 lbs. He is a LB all the way. He was Iowa's MLB last year, his one season as a starter.

I agree with the top three...

Did we pick up Van Brown so we could have a better chance of picking up his older brother Chad Brown LB who was just released from the Seahawks?

Don't forget Saban wants youth on this team, he'll probably be willing to give a few of these guys more of a shot than many other coaches in the NFL... with that said, I don't think many of these guys will stick...

Davis - Cut Newsome
Harris - Cut Minor maybe (lower salary, possibly same production)
Turner...im sure saban will find a roster spot for his boy if hes good enough.
Berlin - Cut AJ the useless slag @ qb.
Holmes...Just find a spot for. hes a good blocker with good hands when you actually throw his way.

fint0xicated said:
Harris, Holmes, and George Lewis. Brock should be kept around so people could backslap him every now and then.

Brock will have a vital position on this team:

prFootballMarkwort_Blocking_Dummyresized-1.gif

Waterboy said:
Did we pick up Van Brown so we could have a better chance of picking up his older brother Chad Brown LB who was just released from the Seahawks?
I think we signed him b/c he is very gifted physically and may be someone who could be developed into a good player. Chad apparently has stated recently that he wanted to sign with what ever team signed his brother. The latter comment according to what someone else posted in another thread.
Chad would make a good situational player at this point imo. However I doubt if he could be a full time starter and hold up health wise. I've always liked Chad Brown as a player and was hoping Shula would draft him in 1993, so it would be cool if he completed his fine career wearing aqua and orange.

I see Kay Jay making the team but I am not sure Saban keeps 4 QB's (I see Berlin being the odd man out and maybe going to the practice squad.

Well, one of the three TEs will definitely make the roster, my pick is Alex Holmes if he goes through camp un-injured. I also think Kay Jay Harris will make & fill a similar role with Sammy Morris doubling as an emergency FB. And lastly is Josh Davis as our 4th or 5th receiver provided we don't resign Boston.

Back
Top Bottom