New Pieces Coming Together On Offensive Line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Pieces Coming Together On Offensive Line

Well honestly, Tunsil has more potential than Webb, but is less dependable. Dieter should be somewhat similar to Sims, who I always thought was one of our best OL in the modern era. All in all, tough to say, but the reliability of Webb and Sims probably makes that the better pair. But, since them, this has the most potential of any left side we've had, and is probably comparable to Long and Incognito, who were excellent the first year or so together.
:ponder:What are you talking about?

:ponder:What are you talking about?
Tunsil had a solid rookie season at guard when Branden Albert was there to mentor him. But his sophomore season when he moved to LT was a bit up and down. He also has missed games to injuries. Then last season with something to prove, and facing a motivated and full-speed Robert Quinn every day in practice, and through pre-season being held to the standard of the exceptional technician Josh Sitton, Tunsil gave it his all throughout the offseason, pre-season, and that that carried over into the regular season where Tunsil was excellent. If Tunsil is able to consistently duplicate last season without the motivation of having to prove himself, without the motivation of facing Quinn every day (because let's face it, Charles Harris just isn't a challenge), and without the shadow of the best guard in the NFL for the last 10 years (Josh Sitton) working right next to him … then we'll all be ecstatic.

But this year he has no mentor. And this year he has less to prove. And this year the pre-season challenges he faces are less of a challenge. And Richmond Webb was great every season, and almost never got injured. That's an awfully high standard.

Not being negative about Tunsil, just pointing out that there are reasons why it may not be as consistently dominant as we saw last year … and the best thing Richmond Webb provided was consistent dominance every game, every year. That's tough to match.

Tunsil can be as good as anyone..He has that type of talent.. it’s a matter of him wanting to be a hall of famer, in college he would just dominate when he wanted to or had to, and when he didn’t feel like the challenge was there, he let his guard down.

Flaherty's attitude is laudable.

However, the overriding stench of narcissism in Miami is a thick cultural smog that had lumberjack Jake Long competing with Brady for best flowing locks. It's real, it's why Tony Sparano was so effective with his mantra of primadonna. Only to ironically end up clutching his pearls during that awkwardly forced press conference with Ross in what I dub as the Harbaugh affair press conference.

I just binge watched Jordan Peterson, can you tell?

Flaherty's attitude is laudable.

However, the overriding stench of narcissism in Miami is a thick cultural smog that had lumberjack Jake Long competing with Brady for best flowing locks. It's real, it's why Tony Sparano was so effective with his mantra of primadonna. Only to ironically end up clutching his pearls during that awkwardly forced press conference with Ross in what I dub as the Harbaugh affair press conference.

I just binge watched Jordan Peterson, can you tell?
Were you asking me?

I think the right side is still a question mark but I think the group can be 21st ranked unit with good coaching, at least we have a proven OL coach. That’s the best we can hope for. Realistically overall 25th. Run blocking will be there speciality and that fire in with the plan. Allen will help a lot on the right side and I think that was a smart move. That move helps negate the loss of James

Back
Top Bottom