New Possible TB Trade Scenerio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Possible TB Trade Scenerio

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I haven't seen this talked about yet in the TB trade talks. What if we got Simms and their #5 overall and maybe another pick or two for our #2 overall so they can take Smith? Would anyone be happy with that? I like Simms (ex Longhorn, woo hoo) and he showed potential before being injured last year. It would also give us a potential franchise QB to work on in the next year or two and free up one more draft pick that we don't have to spend on a QB. IDK, just a thought.............

I think they'd be willing to trade Simms as the mere fact they'd be trading up for a QB would diminish all faith they have in him. I don't know what the cap hit would be....it would pretty much rule out draftin a QB mid rounds as some believe Saban is intending to otherwise we'd have 5 qbs

UltraDol-Fan said:
Wasn't Simms a 7th round pick?

I think so, but hey, not all late picks are busts, and he did show potential before the injury, and I'm willing to at least give him a shot if we get to trade down and get more picks. If he doesn't work out there is always next years draft for a new QB, or we could still try for a later round one (although, as mentioned, 5 QBs qould be ridiculous and improbable). I'm just tossing out all scenerios I can think of that haven't been covered, mainly for a convo topic, but also to get my mind off the fact that we could be taking stupid alex smith in round 1, I'm trying to reassure myself it won't happen, haha

Simms went on the last pick of the first day. (third round)

I wouldn't want him. If Gruden is already giving up on him then that says something.

I don't think Saban would take him either. He would rather the freedom of the draft picks.

this simms proposal has already been discussed and dealt with in another TB trade thread. some agree, some don't and others believe that he would have to be part of the deal because TB would have no need for him, he would be a waste of cap and an excess roster spot.

dolfancoolio said:
this simms proposal has already been discussed and dealt with in another TB trade thread. some agree, some don't and others believe that he would have to be part of the deal because TB would have no need for him, he would be a waste of cap and an excess roster spot.

oh, ooops, never saw that one

Yeah, if TB does make the move to go up and draft Smith.....that isn't exactly a vote of confidense for Simms......I don't want another retread.

its funny, i used to live in tampa when the yucs drafted simms. all you heard was that he was such a steal. now look

burger13 said:
Yeah, if TB does make the move to go up and draft Smith.....that isn't exactly a vote of confidense for Simms......I don't want another retread.

Ditto

A Qb?

If we take a QB, and do all the kaka that you guys propose for the trade to move up to the #2 pick. I will run butt naked through the streets of Tampa.

Simply is not going to happen. Many Buc fans will be digruntled like postal workers. Gruden likes old men at Qb, but he might be buying the hype of Alex Smith. So I hope and pray that he does not go the route of dispensing picks like they were peez.

Pewterninja said:
If we take a QB, and do all the kaka that you guys propose for the trade to move up to the #2 pick. I will run butt naked through the streets of Tampa.

Simply is not going to happen. Many Buc fans will be digruntled like postal workers. Gruden likes old men at Qb, but he might be buying the hype of Alex Smith. So I hope and pray that he does not go the route of dispensing picks like they were peez.

i wouldnt be surprised. the golden boy has lost it. gruden is overhyped garbage

Pewterninja said:

now that you, as a bucs fan, saw our master plan to trick you into taking our #2, we must kill you. You understand, it's the way of the ninja

Back
Top Bottom