new possible trading partner to move down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

new possible trading partner to move down

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
just read that edge has signed with arizona - does that increase the possibility that indy may want to trade down (targetting lendale white). if cutler is gone, do we trade down for extra picks??

cowtowndick said:
just read that edge has signed with arizona - does that increase the possibility that indy may want to trade down (targetting lendale white). if cutler is gone, do we trade down for extra picks??
I doubt we trade down. Because I'm sure there will be other teams that wanna do the same thing. It's not that easy. But I wouldn't mind if we did.

I'm a fan of trading down and getting Ko Simpson but I think he'll be gone by Indy's pick, I'd rather stay at 16 depending on what we pickup as compensation.

there are many possibilities to add to the defense. this draft seems pretty deep, and according to most of the 'experts', once you get out of the top 12, the talent is all pretty even. like you say, it definitely depends upon the compensation. according to the draft pick value chart, our #16 would be roughly equivalent to the colts #1, #2 and #3. maybe we would settle for their #1, #2 and #4. we'd pick up an extra second and fourth. i'd be thrilled with that. we'd still have a shot at a great player on defense (bobby carpenter, ko simpson, darnell bing, maybe even manny lawson) in the first. but with two extra picks in the first four rounds, we could do some wheeling ourselves (like trading a #2 for culpepper, which is not my preference but a possibility, or putting a package together to move up in the draft). just a thought...

For their 1st, 2nd, and 4th yeah definitely do it.

I think Joesph Addi(sp) from LSU fits the Colts offense better(hands). Very interesting though.

I am all for trading down. We could use all the extra picks we can, as long as we can still get guys were targeting

cowtowndick said:

I thought i heard Indy was targeting Jamal Lewis. if that's true that most likely wont trade.

Indy won't get a Value RB with that pick unless someone falls to them and I think its almost a certain that Baltimore takes a RB. However with Cards taking James they won't take a back so they could trade to around 16 and get DeAngelo Williams or White. I would trade for Indy 1st and 2nd and a 5th or 6th.

Skeet84 said:
Indy won't get a Value RB with that pick unless someone falls to them and I think its almost a certain that Baltimore takes a RB. However with Cards taking James they won't take a back so they could trade to around 16 and get DeAngelo Williams or White. I would trade for Indy 1st and 2nd and a 5th or 6th.

I could see this. Simpson would still be there. Plus that would give us great picks

The colts are sorta a far drop. I can see us trading back to 22 (denver) alot easier then down to 30th.

The talent drop off is huge at that point and the cost would be huge for that trade also really.

with lewis re-signing in baltimore (and the ravens having added mike anderson), it's unlikely they will draft an rb. that leaves the patriots, the broncos and possibly the jags as teams likely to draft an rb in round one. after bush goes, there will be white, maroney and williams. the question then becomes will the colts be happy to sit where they are and draft joseph addai, or will the temptation to pick up one of the big four rb's be too much. guess it depends upon how much of a drop-off they consider addai to be. as for us, i would say we would jump at an offer of their #1, #2 and #4. the drop-off in talent from #16 to #30 isn't so much as to negate the value of having the extra picks, imo.

Well it now seems very unlikely that Baltimore takes a RB. I could see them taking Tye Hill where they are at. Falling to the Colts wouold not be to far cause we could just draft Max Jean Giles or Nick Mangold or a Good Corner.

Back
Top Bottom