New "Sarcasm" Smiley Suggestion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New "Sarcasm" Smiley Suggestion

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This post tag gets rarely used, but I've been noticing, especially more recently that there's been a bunch of backtracking to explain misunderstood posts as being an attempt at sarcasm. Since online, we don't have the benefit of facial expressions, tone of voice, and often direct context, I thought a smiley might be helpful to differentiate the sarcastic from the ridiculous, so voila!

perhaps named either:
:sarcasm: or :myles: (since I can't think of anyone more sardonic or sarcastic around these here parts :lol:)

2wn7h3r-1.jpg

Whaddy'all think?

flesh it out. needs to be "cleaner" more detail. good start tho. :)

why is it Bill that on the Preview Page the background is 255 x 3 (so anything done with a 242x3 background stands out as blocky), but on the actual post page it reverts back to 242x3 ??

How about just a miniature version of House's face in this:

clear.gif

flesh it out. needs to be "cleaner" more detail. good start tho. :)

Alright Bill, borders more closely cropped and shadowed, image enhanced & cleaned, font swapped out, etc.. I even threw on an animation wrinkle.

I'm sure someone with more skillz can enhance it further if you so desire (including yourself), but frankly, this is about my threshhold where "fun diversionary downtime filler" turns into a "work task"- and I'm already working :idk:

11jn334-1.jpg

the sarcasim part I like. its the smiley itself that isn't. do you have one with more detail? and if you could maybe get a transparent background gif?

Hey if you guys like the idea, but not the execution, run with it.. or not. I never take any umbrage since it's already served my purpose as a downtime diversion this morning and I'm the first to acknowledge that my ideation/applied creativity is a helluva lot better than my technical execution of it.

Since I have a short attention span, I'm moving on to other sophomoric and crappy, (although hopefully with some redeeming qualities) jpgs and gifs commenting on, or ostracizing whatever, retaining my interest-level and/or befitting my mood. :idk:

However, I did shrink it.. but I can't provide a transparent gif Bill since I do my animations using an old Jasc program where it's easier just coordinating the simple stuff by using the sister psp program and file ext... so my transparents are in .psp However, these transparents were already pasted onto a 242x3 background so that shouldn't be an issue.

Oh that little yellow "dot" on the SE portion of the gif is his fist, if that's the problem you have. Obviously it can be cropped out or enlarged within.

15rd1t4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, was pretty sure i cleaned the perimeter.. must have instead used the orphan version left behind and didn't check it with my readers on after posting. Thanks WBtres

Back
Top Bottom