New Shula Biography | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Shula Biography

I hope it includes the bit I read in Reader's Digest as a child. I'll never forget it:

After the perfect season of 1972, the Shulas were vacationing in Maine. They went out to see a movie. When they entered the theater, everyone turned, looked at them, and applauded.

When Don Shula sat down, he said to the guy next to him, "That's really something. I didn't think anyone would know who I was up here."

The guy looked at him and said, "Fella, I don't know who the hell you are. They said they wouldn't start the movie until 20 people showed up. You two make 20."

I hope it includes the bit I read in Reader's Digest as a child. I'll never forget it:

After the perfect season of 1972, the Shulas were vacationing in Maine. They went out to see a movie. When they entered the theater, everyone turned, looked at them, and applauded.

When Don Shula sat down, he said to the guy next to him, "That's really something. I didn't think anyone would know who I was up here."

The guy looked at him and said, "Fella, I don't know who the hell you are. They said they wouldn't start the movie until 20 people showed up. You two make 20."
That is funny. It would be awesome to talk football with someone like Shula, who played, coached and was heavily involved in rule changes.

Lol. Great story.
I would definately read the book.
My highlight of Shula was the 1984 season in the OB against Dallas. Tom Landry vs Don Shula. Heavyweight match up.
The crowd was so loud, Dallas could not hear their QB. The refs threatened to penalize the Fins. Shula came out onto the field. He was god like with both arms outstretched. The crowd got even louder!
Hard to explain. It gave me chills.
BTW, we won the game on a long Marino pass.

Last edited:
Lol. Great story.
I would definately read the book.
My highlight of Shula was the last season in the OB against Dallas. Tom Landry vs Don Shula. Heavyweight match up.
The crowd was so loud, Dallas could not hear their QB. The refs threatened to penalize the Fins. Shula came out onto the field. He was god like with both arms outstretched. The crowd got even louder!
Hard to explain. It gave me chills.
BTW, we won the game on a long Marino pass.
I remember that game. It was the look on Shula's face and his half hearted attempt to try to quiet the crowd that was quite amusing. America's team refusing to snap the ball....they were the NFL's little darlings prior to the Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom