New Uniform? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Uniform?

I'm tired of the white on white - boring! Reminds me of our play on the field.
I'll just simply state,that I disagree completely.Even as we are right now,our solid whites are STILL one of the sharpest unis in the League. I hate that they're messing with our logo. Everyone has their own mindset on this issue. I absolutely LOVE our logo,and our old throwbacks. And it has NOTHING to do with reliving our 70's 80's Glory Years. I would like to go back to our aqua(blue) instead of the aqua(green). I absolutely respect everyones views/opinions........this is just my own.

I'll just simply state,that I disagree completely.Even as we are right now,our solid whites are STILL one of the sharpest unis in the League. I hate that they're messing with our logo. Everyone has their own mindset on this issue. I absolutely LOVE our logo,and our old throwbacks. And it has NOTHING to do with reliving our 70's 80's Glory Years. I would like to go back to our aqua(blue) instead of the aqua(green). I absolutely respect everyones views/opinions........this is just my own.

I agree, white on white is fantastic, easily our best look.

Initially I was against it. I'm old enough to remember when we wore aqua jerseys every time at home. Then after the Poly Turf proved to be so brutally hot there was a recommendation to wear white and force the opponent to wear dark. A local scientist talked about temperature inside white cars as opposed to black cars. It was a startling difference, and he used it to make his point. Regardless, fans initially didn't like it. That's the only uniform controversy from that era. Anybody who tries to claim our logo was hated or disliked or chided as too corny during that time frame is simply spewing out garbage. Never happened.

Once we settled into white on white everywhere, other than prime time home games, I grew to appreciate how classy it was. We were known for wearing white at home, along with Dallas. Everybody else wore dark.

As you indicated, I'm not trying to recapture anything, certainly not pretending it will lead to on-field success. I'm not even sure what posters mean by the throwback jersey. And none of our logo changes have bothered me since it's all within the recognizable theme. I would be disgusted at a senseless departure, a Broncos or Patriots or Buccaneers type switch.

The only uniform combo I despise is orange on orange. All the dark on dark color schemes look cheap and low class, IMO.

Otherwise, our light aqua pants are a terrible look, since they sweat quickly and obviously, like we never bothered to actually check out what they looked like during battle. I'm not sure there's a more drabby look in the league than our aqua pants. As long as we wear white pants I'm not troubled by anything above.

Thanks to my job I am going to be able to see the Jersey and Logo around 2 months before it will be realsed to the public. Already saw our very very slight color change

I would personally like to see some more orange in the jersey. I think it will stand out more and be a better look than the teal numbers. White Jerseys with Orange lettering/numbers with black outlines. Maybe as with the Seahawks, put the teal look where the numbers are. Idk what that would look like, just a suggesstion

If ours looks anything like the Seahawks jersey then I will be pumped. IMO, the Seahawks have the most badass unis in the league. Jaguars all black unis are cool too...

Unless somebody can make a convincing argument that wearing new uniforms will somehow change our Win/Loss results for next year, it seems to me that this entire topic is a front-office diversion. It is designed to get fans thinking about something other than the losing seasons over the last four years and our sustained mediocrity.

This or GTFO:

2125-1.jpg

I have been sifting through old Dolphin photography from the early 70's and I want to tell you, if we want a TRUE "retro" look, the best thing is to lose COMPLETELY the sleeve stripes and have just twill sewn-on numbers like in '70 and '71, or to have just a logo under the sleeve numbers like the Saints presently have. None of the retro creations the last few years have ever gotten the numbers or the stripes just right anyway.

And. We. NEED. An. AQUA. Retro. Jersey.

I have been sifting through old Dolphin photography from the early 70's and I want to tell you, if we want a TRUE "retro" look, the best thing is to lose COMPLETELY the sleeve stripes and have just twill sewn-on numbers like in '70 and '71, or to have just a logo under the sleeve numbers like the Saints presently have. None of the retro creations the last few years have ever gotten the numbers or the stripes just right anyway.

And. We. NEED. An. AQUA. Retro. Jersey.

By the way, the reason we wore stripeless jerseys in '70 & '71 wasn't by choice. There were new lightweight mesh jerseys being worn by several teams, and for the first couple of years, they did not have the ability to put stripes on them. By '72-'73 virtually all of the stripes had returned around the league.

Back
Top Bottom