New veteran numbers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New veteran numbers

You need to get over it then. I was glad that we can shut up about the absurd idea of giving him 13. It is a boring debate starting by media trolls. If you think that is disrespectful to past players then i'm not going to waste breath arguing.

If your going to lash out at Tua-fans for things like being glad the 13 debate is over... your in for a long decade

I certainly didn't lash out so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I saw posts in several threads over the past couple weeks that seemed to indicate certain posters (yourself included) disregarding the importance of #13 needing to stay retired and it not being discussed as an option for tua. If I'm not mistaken you even posted that Dan was before your time so you don't have the same emotional attachment to him or his number. Therefore I voiced my opinion with intent to enlighten the younger base on the sanctity of the #13.
Ignoring that or in any way diminishing the importance will not make MY decade long. Understand it or not, It won't age well with life long finfans.

If the debate was so tiresome then maybe it shouldn't have been created by some in the first place. Or at a minimum, not continued.

I certainly didn't lash out so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I saw posts in several threads over the past couple weeks that seemed to indicate certain posters (yourself included) disregarding the importance of #13 needing to stay retired and it not being discussed as an option for tua. If I'm not mistaken you even posted that Dan was before your time so you don't have the same emotional attachment to him or his number. Therefore I voiced my opinion with intent to enlighten the younger base on the sanctity of the #13.
Ignoring that or in any way diminishing the importance will not make MY decade long. Understand it or not, It won't age well with life long finfans.

If the debate was so tiresome then maybe it shouldn't have been created by some in the first place. Or at a minimum, not continued.

He was before my time and I do not have a particularly strong emotional connection to him. And yet I have never said that Tua should be given the number 13 jersey or that any retired jersey should be used again. Which makes the entire argument rather tiresome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom