News: Bucs trade seems unlikely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News: Bucs trade seems unlikely

bastid

Starter
Reaction score
from sportsline:

Bucs, Dolphins trade seems unlikely

There's a report that the Bucs are interested in a quarterback, believe it or not, and that they are willing to trade with Miami for the No. 2 overall pick. However, it's hard to believe that the Bucs would draft a quarterback that high with several paid quarterbacks already on the roster.

that does make sense, they just recently resigned griese didnt they? even though i want this trade to go down i dunno if i see it happening

I still think if they are going to trade up it may be for Edwards... saying it is a QB is just a cover.

That article is fluff. It says nothing besides a completely subjective view; it doesn't come from a source.

i really dont think we're gonna draft a QB with the #2 pick, i see us going with a RB or trading down for more picks to get a RB and a few more key players

Oboy said:
I still think if they are going to trade up it may be for Edwards... saying it is a QB is just a cover.

Or Mike Williams....maybe they want to get to a place the Vikes can't out bid them?

I just don't see why Tampa would trade up for a QB. They have a solid QB in Griese and a promising young QB in SImms. Why would they give up all those picks to move up and gamble on a QB when they have two and have many other needs.

Gimme a break. If Gruden, the consummate QB coach, sees a potential franchise QB that he can groom, he's going to do what it takes to get him. The only block in this trade that i see is SF, who may consider Alex Smith before it's all said and done. If gruden has his heart set on Smith, and makes the trade with us now, then they could get screwed if SF takes their guy. It would end up costing them a lot more to get Smith after SF takes him.

This deal will happen, but it won't be consumated until SF selects Aaron Rodgers. If Rodgers and SF sign a contract (didn't David Carr do that with the Texans a while back) before the draft starts, then I you may see the trade executed at that point, but I believe SF will wait until their time is up on the clock.

fishypete said:
Or Mike Williams....maybe they want to get to a place the Vikes can't out bid them?
exactly when I said Edwards, my point was just to say it may not be a QB...

They want Williams, not Edwards, and yes, this article was an opinion, not anything this guy knows for sure. Completely subjective!

From what I hear, if they trade with us and get Smith, Simms will be dealt to the Browns.

Simms is getting Rookie Money, and Griese got a contract very similar to the one we gave him. The Value may be 30 million or so, but that doesn't mean it's 5 mill a year. If I believe, I read an article where it said the way the contract was written, it can and probably will be revisited every offseason. It's like a 5 year deal, lasts one year, a new is done. They did not give Griese 10 mill to sign. To say they have high paid QB's is a joke, we have higher paid qb's. We have AJ Feeley with 1 million Salary, a 3 million roster bonus next offseason, his signing bonus from last year, and Gus Frerotte and his 1.5 million dollar contract. And Sage gets more then Simms. We have more tied up money wise then they do.

make no bones about it, they want Alex Smith. And they are going to have to pay to get him. Cus Saban wants the kid from Utah. I hate to tell you all this.....But we will be picking Alex Smith unless we get some real good picks in round 2 and 3. Otherwise, we will be drafting Alex Smith. Take it to the bank. You do not screw around at this point in the game. TEams are locking into what they like best.

infiltrateib said:
That article is fluff. It says nothing besides a completely subjective view; it doesn't come from a source.

Yep. This guy has no more idea what's going to happen than any of us.

Back
Top Bottom