Next 4 Weeks Will ...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next 4 Weeks Will ......

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Determine if we are a pretender or contender. And if Philbin stays or goes!

San Diego
Detroit
Buffalo
Denver

Stay tuned ....

I won't believe unless we take the next three.

If we do that we are a playoff caliber team. Has philbin and Tannehill ever won five straight? No.

Ok, lets say they win the next three and you are a believer: what if they lose the last couple and don't make the playoffs?

We honestly need to win 3/4 AND we gotta beat San Diego to hold the playoff tiebreaker

Ok, lets say they win the next three and you are a believer: what if they lose the last couple and don't make the playoffs?

If we win the next three games we won't miss the playoffs.

It would mean we are 7-3 and on a five game win streak, sure it's not guaranteed but at 7-3 and 2 games vs the jets and one vs Vikings it looks pretty good

Honestly, if we don't beat San Diego this week, it will probably be too difficult for us to make the playoffs, end of story.
With a loss to SD we would have lost 2 games to serious AFC wild card opponents who would then both have tiebreakers over us, and with how competitive the AFC wild card situation will be this year, we would PROBABLY have to go 11-5 (7-1 rest of schedule) to get in... With games in Detroit, in Denver, in New England, and home vs Baltimore, I guess anything is possible, but I don't see how 7-1 is at all a realistic possibility for this team. This week is a must win already.

Determine if we are a pretender or contender. And if Philbin stays or goes!

San Diego
Detroit
Buffalo
Denver

Stay tuned ....

San Diego - Win (could be a toss up though). I think you match up well against them and will have them on the East Coast so that is the tipper here.
Detriot - Loss - I think their DL gets to Tannenhill early and often. Also with Megatron back and healthy and then Tate showing up, just think this is a loss.
Buffalo - Loss - Until Tannenhill can show he is AVG against Buffalo, I think that his bad play historically against Buffalo and that Bills Matchup very well against you Offset the Short week at this point. Also Fred Jackson will be back before this game.
Denver - Loss - I am sorry I do not see you matching up well against Denver.

So right now I am seeing 1-4 maybe 2-2 (if I give you the Bills on a short week.)

Got to split the next four weeks.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

San Diego - Win (could be a toss up though). I think you match up well against them and will have them on the East Coast so that is the tipper here.
Detriot - Loss - I think their DL gets to Tannenhill early and often. Also with Megatron back and healthy and then Tate showing up, just think this is a loss.
Buffalo - Loss - Until Tannenhill can show he is AVG against Buffalo, I think that his bad play historically against Buffalo and that Bills Matchup very well against you Offset the Short week at this point. Also Fred Jackson will be back before this game.

So right now I am seeing 1-4 maybe 2-2 (if I give you the Bills on a short week.)

Yeah, nice effort vs. the Pats. One year, you might stay within a TD of them. Man, they own the Bills.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Yeah, nice effort vs. the Pats. One year, you might stay within a TD of them. Man, they own the Bills.

Yeah I guess 3 turnovers had nothing to do with it.

Ooo and lets forget that they Bills were only down 8 after the 3 TOs with 8 Min left in the game. Then Brady Iced it with the final TD.

Agree need the split at least with wins against Chargers and Bills mandatory..Walker's take.

The Dolphins will face the San Diego Chargers (5-3) next Sunday, followed by the Detroit Lions (6-2), Buffalo Bills (5-3) and Denver Broncos (6-1) on Nov. 23. Miami will find out where it stands following this brutal slate. Miami’s next four opponents have a combined record of 22-9, making it arguably its toughest stretch of the season.

A significant losing streak in November could douse the Dolphins’ hopes for a postseason run. Miami will not face another team currently with a losing record until its Dec. 3 road game against the New York Jets (1-7) on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.”

A reasonable goal for the Dolphins would be to split these four games and enter December with a .500 record. That would keep Miami in the hunt for a wild card. Under these circumstances, a hot streak down the stretch could get the Dolphins over the hump and into the playoffs for the first time since the 2008 season.

If you put a gun to my head I would have us at 2-2 in these next four with wins coming at home vs San Diego and vs Buffalo in two close games.
Honestly, the Dolphins have played absolutely horrendous in Buffalo over the last few years, you're not gonna get an argument from me on that point, but the Fins only lost to the Bills in Miami last year on a last second field goal because of atrocious play calling and even worse offensive line play... Obviously Tannehill's two bad picks didn't help either (one going for six) but I feel like this year Tannehill is better and is running more, the o line is much better, and the play calling is much better. I can't see the Fins dropping four in a row to Buffalo. Fins 27- Bills 20.

If you put a gun to my head I would have us at 2-2 in these next four with wins coming at home vs San Diego and vs Buffalo in two close games.
Honestly, the Dolphins have played absolutely horrendous in Buffalo over the last few years, you're not gonna get an argument from me on that point, but the Fins only lost to the Bills in Miami last year on a last second field goal because of atrocious play calling and even worse offensive line play... Obviously Tannehill's two bad picks didn't help either (one going for six) but I feel like this year Tannehill is better and is running more, the o line is much better, and the play calling is much better. I can't see the Fins dropping four in a row to Buffalo. Fins 27- Bills 20.

While he may be due, and the fact you are getting the Bills on a short week could help. I just do not see you all winning here, the matchup is too bad for Fins. But never know with Division games, specially in a short week. But making the Picks today so I say Loss.

This pick could flip though as the weeks go on.

Take it from the guy with 4 bozo almost winner super bowl rings.

Back
Top Bottom