Next Coach to Be Fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Coach to Be Fired?

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
Get your predictions on record here, folks.

I'm going with DAN QUINN. Unlike Zac Taylor and Brian Flores, he's not a rookie head coach, and the team is now on a two year sharp downward trend under Quinn. I think he's toast before December 30th.

My second pick is going to be ADAM GASE. Unusual situation in that Gase is in his first year as the Jets' head coach, but there are a number of factors in play here. First, he had just been canned by a division rival. Second, his bizarre behavior with the press. Third, his total lack of accountability for anything and constant shifting of blame. Fourth, the team is absolutely putrid and he doesn't seem to be helping Sam Darnold at all.

dan quinn definately has the hottest seat. not exactly sure abotu the others with loosing records, they all have outside circumstances that they could justify keeping the coach til the end of the season

Don't see Gase getting fired in season, unless they play like that for the next 5 games.

Bengals owner is too cheap doubt he takes on Taylors contract and signs another so soon, he's probably got a free pass like Flores.

If Falcons don't make a sharp u-turn Quinn could be gone soon.

I could see Riviera gone if Panthers don't make playoffs.

I think Shurmur is safe in NY

The two I'm staring at to be fired soon outside of Quinn are:

Matt Patricia and Doug Marrone

Bengals owner is too cheap doubt he takes on Taylors contract and signs another so soon, he's probably got a free pass like Flores.

Matt Patricia and Doug Marrone

The point about Mike Brown being a cheapskate is a really good one. I think Zac Taylor is double extra safe on account of that.

I don't think Marrone will be fired mid-season. Tom Coughlin is running that show now, and he's a former coach who has himself gotten a raw deal in the recent past. I think if he fires Marrone, he will do it gracefully at the end of the season. Let the guy save face.

The point about Mike Brown being a cheapskate is a really good one. I think Zac Taylor is double extra safe on account of that.

I don't think Marrone will be fired mid-season. Tom Coughlin is running that show now, and he's a former coach who has himself gotten a raw deal in the recent past. I think if he fires Marrone, he will do it gracefully at the end of the season. Let the guy save face.
Aside from drafting off McVay as the QB coach, Taylor has failed here and as the U of Cincinnati OC. Only Mike Brown would hire him.. and likely because he agreed to the lowest HC contract in the league. So he's not going anywhere.

Arthur Blank has a shiny new stadium, somewhat financed I believe by the taxpayers. He needs to keep them a$$es in the seats. Quinn is as good as gone.. and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is also as they will end up in the QB draft chase.

It would be ironic if Tannehill, who had a nice first game ends up saving Vrabel's job, wouldn't it? With the success LeFluer is having with Rodgers in GB, Mgt and ownership might be upset that he slipped through their hands by comparison.

Gotta be Quinn. As you mention, 2 year slide; and they are sucking big time in the HC's area of expertise though he has taken over the D calls; finally he has the dread vote of confidence from the owner

Quinn is definitely the front runner.

Despite the injury to Rapistberger Tomlin is on the hot seat. They got three at home coming up. If they lose 2 out of the next 3 it could get very hot for Tomlin in chilly Pittsburgh.

The yearly contestant Garrett will save his ass one more time thanks to a very weak NFC East.

I might add Kitchens to it. I know he is a first year coach but expectations in Cleveland were much higher. It is only a 2-4 start but if they are sitting at 2-6 at halftime (next two @NE and @Denver) I could see his seat heating up as well.

Quinn is not going to survive the season.

Brown isn't going to pay Taylor's contract and pay for another coach. He probably was told he will get the opportunity to replace Dalton.

Gase probably gets 1 more year just because no one with options is going to tie themselves to Darnold if he gets two coaches fired in two years. They would then move on from both of them next season.

Gase is continuing the clown show in New Jersey, that is the lone bright spot of this season is watching the jets trying to win but failing because their coach is terrible.. Offensive guru/QB whisper my ass..

Such a scumbag front office in New York their offensive Lineman Osemele has a Torn Labrum and they demanded he not have surgery and are now fining him game checks for unexcused absences after having the Surgery. Good for Osemele he outed them on social media and now Gase and Co have no comment :mad: I'm glad we got rid of the POS egomaniac

Quinn is not going to survive the season.

Brown isn't going to pay Taylor's contract and pay for another coach. He probably was told he will get the opportunity to replace Dalton.

Gase probably gets 1 more year just because no one with options is going to tie themselves to Darnold if he gets two coaches fired in two years. They would then move on from both of them next season.

It would be pretty hilarious if the Bengals fire their coach and bring back Marvin Lewis

Back
Top Bottom