Next Cool Thing From This O- Prediction From College Football This Weekend... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Cool Thing From This O- Prediction From College Football This Weekend...

LoneStarPhin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury (Mahomes' mentor, as well as Amendola and Jakeem) at Texas Tech is an offensive genius. The next great thing coming is the shovel pass inside to a flanker going the ipposite direction from QB and RB.

The wrinkle is that the shovel is timed right in line with a fake handoff to RB crossing in front of QB (it looks like a read option with qb in shotgun and rb both running right). from LB viewpoint very difficult to pick up that the small flanker behind OL is moving opposite flow (left) and that it is a shovel pass and not a handoff to the RB.

i'll see if i can get a link to the play from this weekend when TxTech upset #15 OkState 41-17.

First time I've ever seen that and it was executed perfectly for a TD by a true freshman QB (who is now starting after an injury to starter in game 1) and is setting Big 12 on fire.

Cool- i found it! see at 20 second mark of this video... gotta watch close!

Last edited:
probably should've called him the upback or slotback. Any event, I think it's amazing hiw you can watch this and still not see exactly hiw he gets the ball.

That's some beautiful execution direct from the incubator of wide open football- West Texas.

It was 20 years ago that Tx Tech and Leach first implemented the "back shoulder" throw that is now the norm.

Back
Top Bottom