Next Season Schedule 2007 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Season Schedule 2007

Very tough to explain. You have to understand how the schedule works since the 2002 realignment:
AFC East:

Each team plays it's division games twice for six games.
Each team plays four teams in an NFC division once every four years for four games.
Each team plays vs an entire other AFC division in the AFC every three years for another four games.

When this is done, the entire division plays 14 games that are the SAME. The only difference after that is that NE will play the other two first place teams in the AFC and Miami will play the other two fourth place teams in the AFC since that was our order of finish this year. That's why NE gets Indy and SD whereas Miami gets Oakland and Houston next year. That's the only difference in our schedules. The Jets play the other two 2nd place teams and the Bills get the third place teams.

How does this tie into playing the Steelers on the road two straight years? Simple. This year's game was a 2nd place vs a 2nd place game based on the 2005 standings whereas next years game is an AFC East vs AFC North game - everyone in our division plays everyone in the north. Every three years when we play the north, the venue will change. In three more years, Pitt will come to Miami. Three years after that, Miami goes to Pitt and so on.

Just like when an AFC division plays an NFC division, we'll play Dallas and NY here next year, but in four years we go to the Cowboys and Giants. It rotates.

Unfortunately, the games you play each year vs the other teams who placed the same as you did the year before (our 2nd vs 2nd against Pitt this year) have no bearing on venue. Like when Indy and NE play, it's often at NE, just works out that way. It's the part of the schedule where each team finished first the year before and so they play the other two first placed teams in their conference. There's no way to make the schedule work that out since each year, the placement of teams is different.

That make any sense? Probably not.

Short answer: This year's Pitt/Miami game was a 2nd vs 2nd from 2005.....next year's game is our rotation of every third year of playing the AFC north. So the next Pitt at Miami game will take place three years after that in 2010.

:D You're probably still lost, but hey, I did try!

I have no clue what you are saying but I love it!! :up:

That's a tough schedule it it will also be for the rest of our division. Will they also play CLE, BALT, CINN and PITT?

I would have gone to the NYG game if it wasn't going to be played in freaking England!!

Well we seemed to have an easier schedule heading into this year I believe, and look where it got us. Let's just play the games. Lay it all on the line and see where we end up

Thats a togh schedule, then again we always show up against the good teams and lose to crap teams.

Back
Top Bottom